Hypex DSP module(s)

Thanks Jan-Peter.

Any future plan for a "real" 3way Plate-Amp?
The Sub-Out of the AS2.100 is a bit inconvenient (and noisy).

And I second the suggestion for a taget response function in HFD.

No plans for a 3W plate amp. I would suggest you to check the DLCP, that one is having 6 outputs. Enough for a stereo 3-channel out and very good performance.

We'll make soon a beta version available. All feedback will be used to improve the software.

Hello folks,

I am attempting to build a DLCP based preamplifier for active XO duties on a 4-way loudspeaker based on Seas and Peerless drivers.
My music source interface is either PC USB or CD music through SPDIF.
Does the USB audio interface on DLCP support upto 24-bit/192KHz? Does it use some kind of ASIO drivers?

There are two options i am considering. Please advice if this is feasible. Some pointers to pitfalls to watchout for would be most useful.

Option1: Reduced integration effort

2xPSC2.400d per speaker for a total of four channels per side. These plates have digital in and out.
I want to connect the music source digital interface to one of the plates. Will the rest be daisy chained using the digital in/out connections?
Digital input on the plates is AES, what would be a good way to get USB audio/CD SPDIF inputs connected?

Option2: Dedicated DLCP preamplifer + plates and UcD based power amplifiers

1x DLCP 6 channel DSP. 2+2 channels for mid/high
1x DLCP SMPS DLCP power supply
1x DLCP add on input card (optional)
2x PSC2.400d DSP plate amps on each speaker for w22+sub (Digital input from DLCP addon card)
4ch power amp 4xUcD180 + 2xSMPS400A180. Power amp for the mid/high channels

A cheaper option might be to set the 5, 6 channels of DLCP to bypass mode and connect these to analog inputs of 2xPSC2.400 for woofer/sub channels

Help from experts is much appreciated. I wanted to check this here before ordering these expensive parts from ovrseas.

You can daisy chain the DLCP, and have two for up to 12 active channels.

I opted for the 180HG HRX, from reviews they are night and day better than the standard ones, if you can't stretch to the nCore's.

Can you simply live with 6 channels and make it a 3 way?

A few of my messages have gone into the Hypex spam folder, but I have always gotton a response from Jan. I get the impression they are a small team, and probably busy building new hardware/software (hopefully too busy and it will released soon).

Actually the speaker has a sealed woofer config of 2 Seas W22 with low end support from a 12" peerless XXLS on each speaker. 4-way is needed.

Ok no voulme control is a bummer.

how about passing analog output on 5,6 with no filters and connecting to PSC2.400 analog input? Can this work?

Last edited:
As mentioned, two DLCP can be Connected to one input Board for 12 channels. There are some stabillity issues using two modules, but Hypex are informed and working on the problem.
As a preamp/DSP I find the SQ of DLCP hard to beat, but Hypex needs to sort out their software problems before a 12 channel setup can be recommended