Hypex DSP module(s)

Got my PSU now too, it's a cute one =)

Btw, does anyone know where I could buy pre-made dual row ( + varying width ) flat cables with connectors that fit the DLCP? All I've found is raw cables and separate connectors which I have but it would be nice if I could buy pre-made as I don't have the correct tools to attach the connectors. Brute force with soldering would work, but more of a hassle than just buying =)

Can anyone help, (I have emailed support but impatient)

Everything is connected, but I can't get the computer to see the unit unless I toggle the usb switch and it pops up but as "Bootloader" with all settings disabled, but does get recognised as a usb DAC.

The LCD has "Waiting for DLCP" on it and their is no sound coming from the UcD's I have plugged in.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I am looking at building a 3 way active sytem to use, initially with a pair of Kef 1.2's so I may find my feet in what to me is a new area of digital audio and eventually transfer the amp and reset Filters to a pair of ATC scm 40's.
Currently I drive my ATC's from Hypex NCores positioned immediately behind the speakers and driven Balanced over 14 Metre from a Benchmark DAC2. The Kefs are diven in a similar maner by Hypex UcD400 and a Benchmark DAC1HDR.
My requirement is simple in as much as I want to replicate a conventional " passive" filtered 3 way Active Amplifier posioned immediately behind my speakers.
I am looking at a Hypex DLCP driving Ucd180 for treble and Mid with my UcD400 on Bass. I am uncomfortable with 3 balanced cables and a control cable running between my speakers in my domestic environment so may use two DLCP boards.

I have downloaded the Hypex Filter design software and after some time have managed to find my way around it. I did not find the Hypex User manual overly helpful, written by someone who assumes all readers are of the same technical knowledge as himself and not DIYers like me with no experience of bi quads and digital filter design.
I am quite comfortable with the building of the electronics but a little apprehensive about how I can accurately measure loudspeaker drivers and 3 way systems in a domestic environment and how to interpret these measurements to point me in the correct direction for filter adjustment.
I will delay purchasing a DLCP until I am confident in this area and be confident I can get the potential benefit of going Digital Active.
I have searched the forum and the Net but cant find anything that addresses my issues.

Can anyone advise me where to look ?

The miniDSP site provide some info and links. I am looking at purchasing their Mike from a US supplier and downloading the recommended software for starters.
I have downloaded ARTA software and need to study the user manual on loudspeaker measurements.

One other point, Post 682 by Soundcheck appear to me to ask some very relevant questions about the DLCP module and Digital Actives, I see few answers?

Before you decide on any DSP, do get a measurement mic and measure your current setup, preferably in multiple locations, just to get an idea of what measurements can and can not tell you. You can use free software, and any semi-decent electret mic - you don't need a fancy calibrated one.

As to the questions in post 682, they are mostly speculative/subjective in nature, so they are somewhat hard to answer.

The Dlcp is supplied with software which has a measurement function incorperated.

You will need an external usb soundcard with asio drivers and a mic. A usb mic will not work!
Interesting about the USB mic, didn't know that. But shouldn't it be possible to align by inverting one of the drivers and then test different delays until we get the best possible null?

I can get a hold of a sound card and analogue microphone but it would be nice if I didn't have to :)

I am uncomfortable with 3 balanced cables and a control cable running between my speakers in my domestic environment so may use two DLCP boards.

If you are mounting the DLCP and the amps yourself then instead of having 3 balanced XLR cables you could just get some Neutrik Ethercon connectors and use Ethernet CAT6 SSTP cable ( shielded + internal shield for each twisted pair ), then you could put all 3 channels into the same cable. Although since the amps are balanced you won't have to go as all out as having internal shields, I did it mostly because my amps are single ended.

I have the same reservations about lots of cables so it is what I did =)