Wolfson WM8741 Evaluation Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ebay has other kits but they take a "center-tapped" secondary. Since you have dual secondaries, you need a power supply that takes in dual secondaries...

No you don't. Simply connecting the two windings in series gives you a "centre tap".

Chris I don't think you will find what you need as a ready made item. Have you a small budget for the power supply? As I may be able to build one for you.

Since you have two independent secondaries, you can build 2 positive power supplies and connect the outputs in series to give you a +/- supply (if you don't know what I mean, you should find a local acquaintance to help you wire it up). Two of the Maplin kit would work, as would
The σ25 Regulated Power Supply
Alternatively, this is a reasonable dual supply that can be used with a centre-tapped or dual secondary transformer:
ShinyMetal

Ehm...it's a bit late....but I suppose that a computer SMPS would be perfect at a reasonable price.
Just cut the molex plug, used to power HDs or CD players. This one has +12/0/0/-12V on it....so it would perfectly fit...

BUT the aim of my post is: how does this evalution board compare with other DACs or (for exemple) a Sound Blaster? How much I have to spend to get a better DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.