F'd up my DCX2496

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ugggh. Why did I keep messing around / tweaking when everything was working OK.

My DCX boots up and runs fine until I shutdown/restart it then it is bricked with the logo (fact defaults reset isn't available) and I have to flash the firmware back then it's OK again! What seems to be happening is that the inital boot creates the default config and writes it to the eeprom but something is going badly wrong with that write. I dump and compare the bins and it is indeed the configuration section that is screwed up. WTF?

I have replicated about 20 times (boot, brick, reflash, boot.) Any ideas appreciated! Thanks!

DSP board for DCX 2496

nonesub

Since you have posted i simular question in another thread I feel fre to post my reply also here in order to reach a bigger group of readers.

For more than one year I have tried both in US and Europe to find a dealer or a private person that can help me with a new/repaired DSP board for my second DCX2496.
The Scandinavian dealer in Sweden wrote to me some days ago that it was possible for them to take this board from China: Price $600!!!!
That is almost the same price that I would have to pay for a brand new DCX 2496 in Norway whitch is about twice the price for the unit in U.S.
(appr. $260).
I must admit that the Behringer warranty deal; changing a broken unit into a new one is fair. But their policy to non warranty cases is hoorible by:

1. the ability to buy boards for service

2. "overpricing"

I am looking forward to see if anyone of the diyAudio readers can give you
(and me) a helping hand.

Regards

Eivind Stillingen, Norway

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
nonesub

Since you have posted i simular question in another thread I feel fre to post my reply also here in order to reach a bigger group of readers.

For more than one year I have tried both in US and Europe to find a dealer or a private person that can help me with a new/repaired DSP board for my second DCX2496.
The Scandinavian dealer in Sweden wrote to me some days ago that it was possible for them to take this board from China: Price $600!!!!
That is almost the same price that I would have to pay for a brand new DCX 2496 in Norway whitch is about twice the price for the unit in U.S.
(appr. $260).
I must admit that the Behringer warranty deal; changing a broken unit into a new one is fair. But their policy to non warranty cases is hoorible by:

1. the ability to buy boards for service

2. "overpricing"

I am looking forward to see if anyone of the diyAudio readers can give you
(and me) a helping hand.

Regards

Eivind Stillingen, Norway

One solution: ask someone in the US to buy a new/used DCX and send you the DSP board :)

jd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.