Please advise: Behringer DEQ2496 with microphone hum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a Behringer DEQ2496 with an ECM8000 microphone on ebay but i have a loud 50HZ hum (visible whenever i use the RTA). I changed microphonecable and connectors, tried another AC outlet, unplugged all that was not needed etc. but the hum stays. A 50Hz sounds like a power supply and/or grounding problem but i have no idea what to do about it. :eek:

Anyone can help me get rid of this hum?

ECM 8000 hum repair

I repaired mine today. There are 3 screws holding the connector inside the tube. Undo them, then gently slide out the pcb. There is a wire connected on the other end connecting to the capsule, so be careful not to tear it out. The PCB goes out all the way and then a cm or two. There is a brass connector near the black plastick holding the three connector pins. The brass connector is meant to conduct ground to the mic housing. Apparently this was the case. I bent out the brass connector so it had better contact with the housing.
I also cut along the edge of the pcb to remove the insulating sleeve and to access the pcb. I was looking for some cold solder joints, but there were none. I resoldered yellow caps on the bottom of the pcb with some fresh solder just to make sure. I then put back the insulating sleeve secured it with the electric tape and slid everything back in and fixed the connector. The mic now works like new.
I guess the inflexible brass connector was the cause since there were no apparent cold solder joints. So try fixing it first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.