PSU for diy DAC...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, i'm new here so i have to give you all my compliments for this beautiful community, one of the best out there... :)

Now my question:

I have the intention to build a DAC. This will be my first one, and one of my first project too.
Now i'm in the design phase: i've barely choosen the components: DIR9001>SRC4192>PCM1794A and transformer output stage for RCA out + opamp I/V stage and 2 TPA6120A2 in mono mode for an headphone out.

Id like to use SRC4392 in place of SRC4192, but it needs a microcontroller to work and im not very good in writing code... :(

Now i have to decide what to use as a power supply: DIR9001 need 3.3V SRC4192 1.8v and 3.3v. PCM1794 5v and 3.3v. I/V opamps and TPAs need +/-12V.

I was thinking on 2 PSU09 from audio-gd: one at +-12V out, one at about 6V to use for 1.8v, 3.3v and 5v wich i can obtain using LDOs (i have some TI REG101).

Will this be good enough concerning noise and ripple? Have you got some alternatives to suggest?

Thank You! :)

I just started a thread about the same setup, but it's still on the chip stage decision stage. My main issue is whether to include the 4192 or not, as I'm only using it with one specific source, which is pretty good.

BTW, the 4192 can take 3.3V on both supplies, it even says on the first page that you can run it on a single supply. I'd still build separate ones, though... Vio accepts 1.65-3.6V, and is listed at 3.3V typical.

I have a pretty good power supply and PCB scheme for the DAC, I just have to extrapolate it from literally houndreds of e-mails and several PCB revisions I only have in pdf...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.