Best known configuration with berhinger DCX2496 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th February 2010, 05:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to egberttheone
Default Best known configuration with berhinger DCX2496

I know there are a lot of topics around about the Behringer DCX but I could not find a topic that answerers my question.
I'm wondering what the best approach of hooking up would be for me.
I have built a huge 12.2 channels amplifier with balanced inputs, and digital volume control to drive the speakers.
I think i have 2 ways of hooking up the DCX one would be to turn the outputs of the onkyo sound card into balanced
outputs then feed these analogue signals to the DCX and finally feed the amplifiers with the outputs of the behringer.

Click the image to open in full size.

The best approach would of course be to feed the DCX digitally but As you probably noticed Iím using 5.1 (Iím a movie
Watcher), and the DCX does not accept 5.1 it only can decode 2.0 so I firstly will need to de-multiplex the SPDIF
signal into 6 digital channels and then feed the DCX. I will need to take the DCX apart to make these digital
connections. The main question here is; is it worth the effort and is it done before? Does anyone know a de-multiplexer chip or a complete system?

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!