Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over - Page 330 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th May 2012, 12:59 AM   #3291
diyAudio Member

Hello all, just joined (great forums btw). I have read the discussions of this unit here. what i am interested in is if it could replace my old DBX 2 way analog xover and outboard eq with high performance results. my need is simple just a pair of 12" woofers crossing over below 120hz from a pair of mtms. I am using a bass boost of a few db at 20hz. the system is for music only, never HT. thanks!
Old 22nd May 2012, 02:38 AM   #3292
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyUHF10 View Post

I will report back with some reults in a few days!!

Thanks
CM
Ok.. Time to close off this project..

Thanks Jan for helping me fix the GND'ing layout!! This alone fixed most of the problem..

Thanks to Burson support for their help too..
I shortened the power leads between external power supply and Discrete Modules (by half!), installed good quality 150uF & 0.1uF capacitors across power pins of the Modules.. Also re-adjusted DC offset as close to zero as I could get (10->20mV)..

All hum/buzz noise gone!! There is a tiny amount of buzz left if you get close to the speaker, but otherwise very quiet!! (LM4562's are dead quiet, even if you go close to speakers!) Loud "popping" from remote control gone too,, only slightly audiable at very loud volumes with no music playing..

The results.. Pretty good, they sound really nice.. Warm, slightly improved channel & instrument separation, and improved "holographic" vocals..

Thanks!!
CM
Old 25th May 2012, 12:09 PM   #3293
diyAudio Member

just bumping here, but i'll be more specific: considering the sound quality of the stock unit versus the modded one, would i see an improvement in sound quality over my present setup for the added complexity and cost$$ ?
Old 25th May 2012, 12:59 PM   #3294
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexussynth View Post
just bumping here, but i'll be more specific: considering the sound quality of the stock unit versus the modded one, would i see an improvement in sound quality over my present setup for the added complexity and cost$$ ?
Suggest you try with the stock unit, and start thinking about mods only if you are unhappy with the sound quality.
Old 28th May 2012, 02:40 AM   #3295
diyAudio Member

well what i am asking is if i would see an audible improvement over my present analog xover and eq to justify the added expense of the behringer (and those cable adapters are expensive..ouch!). with out it being modded of course.
Old 31st May 2012, 07:59 AM   #3296
diyAudio Member

Greetings, this is to ask your help with my BEHRINGER DCX 2496. .had a failed update and nothing comes on the screen

I await your prompt response, Thanks in advance:......
Old 1st June 2012, 06:33 AM   #3297
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrm View Post
Greetings, this is to ask your help with my BEHRINGER DCX 2496. .had a failed update and nothing comes on the screen

I await your prompt response, Thanks in advance:......
Switch on power while holding down the Channel A input button..

Ta!

CM
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:24 PM   #3298
diyAudio Member

I have some trouble with audio drop outs in 44khz(digital input). I have done the direct spdif-mod also. Will experimenting with the 110ohm-resistor solve the problem?

I have at this point 63 Ohm. The drop outs comes when switching the lights on and of etc.

In 96khz from my pre amp there is no drop outs though.
I got advice here to ground it, but it did not help. Any more tips?

Thank's!
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:31 PM   #3299
diyAudio Member

voltage levels? while you don't need a 'full' 5v or more for aes3/xlr on this box, you do want to have much more than .5v if you can help it.
Old 12th June 2012, 07:58 PM   #3300
winslow is offline winslow  United States
diyAudio Member

Anyone done an input using caps? Seen a few using transformers, but none using caps. I would like to get rid of the I/O board and use RCA connectors for inputs and outputs...hardwire the serial connector in.

Hide this!Advertise here!