Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over - Page 277 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th July 2010, 09:55 PM   #2761
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Yes it does. You will have to remove de receiver chip on the main DSP board and solder an SMD socket to the board. The PCB's in the DCX are not of great quality, it's easy to destroy the pads (speaking of my own experience)

Regards

Last edited by VT67; 16th July 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 16th July 2010, 10:24 PM   #2762
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

I won't be applying the clock / jitter / dead sound improvement until later this fall, when I can afford to do so. The commentary says that there is SMD work to be done to the Berringer DSP board, but that the finished module does plug right in. I don't know if the mfg's ribbon cable is the one used or if a new cable must be made.

As for Jan's board, it really is not difficult to do the soldering. You will need a short needle tip from the #7 heat range. I must also have the $20 visor with flip down magnifying lenses, but I have to have that for model building or any other craft work, like EnABL patterning speakers, than I might choose to do. I found the cable making to be the embarrassing part, and awaiting parts to remake the cables has stopped the project at the first signal test stage. Had I actually understood the directions, I would have already finished the kit, so it is not the fault of either the kit or the documentation, that I am stalled.
Old 21st July 2010, 01:46 AM   #2763
diyAudio Member

Oh, well, if the Oettle SRC/Clock mod requires unsoldering surface mount DSP, I guess I better have someone do the whole job. Then, for my sake, I'm getting a spare unit first also. Can someone do both the SRC/Clock mod and the Jan's Active output mod?
Old 21st July 2010, 06:39 AM   #2764
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesp210 View Post
Oh, well, if the Oettle SRC/Clock mod requires unsoldering surface mount DSP, I guess I better have someone do the whole job. Then, for my sake, I'm getting a spare unit first also. Can someone do both the SRC/Clock mod and the Jan's Active output mod?
Last time I looked Pilgham Audio did.

jd
Old 22nd July 2010, 03:56 AM   #2765
diyAudio Member

Now I'm seeing that a lot of people are complaining about the reliability of the DCX (and especially, it seems) DEQ power supply. The heat sinking and capacitors used are marginal, right on the edge, and often fail after a few years of usage. What about mods for THAT? (Or is it as much of a problem with DCX as with DEQ?)

Speaking from my own experience, I have two functioning DCX units, one has functioned fine for about 2 years, the other about 5 years. I have one functioning DEQ, with about 3 years on it. I also had another DEQ fail about 3 years ago, after just over a year of usage. The one that failed is completely dead, suggesting power supply failure. Since I already had a spare DEQ (the one I'm using now was originally my spare) and little time, I've never actually checked it out.

One thing I'm more careful about now I I always put small feet, at least 3/8 inch, underneath each unit to allow for ventilation (above and below). When I had one unit fail, it had another box stacked right on top of it. Now I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to puts holes in the covers right above the power supply for ventilation.
Old 22nd July 2010, 07:39 AM   #2766
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesp210 View Post
Now I'm seeing that a lot of people are complaining about the reliability of the DCX (and especially, it seems) DEQ power supply. The heat sinking and capacitors used are marginal, right on the edge, and often fail after a few years of usage. What about mods for THAT? (Or is it as much of a problem with DCX as with DEQ?)[snip].
Pilgham also have a replacement low noise linear power supply designed by me that they sell.

jd
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:30 AM   #2767
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
Pilgham also have a replacement low noise linear power supply designed by me that they sell.

jd

how much? I need one
Samsung 60" LED, Rotel RSP 1068, LG BD-C6500, Charter DVR, Denon LDP, TDM EXO->Hafler XL280/2 Belles 1s->Polk RTi A7 (Bi-amped!), Rotel 985 ->Polk CSi A6(Tri-amped!), Mackie 1400->DBX 15 Sub, Haf XL280->Polk RTi A1
Old 30th July 2010, 12:20 AM   #2768
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I use my DCX as a subwoofer filter and I have the Selectronics outputboard that uses the INA134,so it has RCA outputs.Now I am rebuilding my sub amp
with an amp that has balanced inputs so I wanna use balanced signal from the DCX on one channel the subcannel.So Im thinking of taking the signal from the INA134s input but I need a way to isolate the voltage from the DAC.
A trafo is one (expensive)way,2 capasistors or 2 opams..Suggestions?
I dont need any gain so I guess a buffer on + and - would do,any one have a schema?
Old 30th July 2010, 10:38 PM   #2769
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I decided to try with 2 caps...
Old 18th August 2010, 02:29 PM   #2770
diyAudio Member

Default whAOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryssen View Post
I decided to try with 2 caps...
I read all of pages but not found something about the original schematic of suplly to DCX2496.
Is there anybody knows wher i can find it
I use 2 DCX on my 5 ways sytem horn with 75cms subwofer.
THanks
Steven

Hide this!Advertise here!