Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over - Page 195 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st May 2009, 01:14 PM   #1941
Studley is offline Studley  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default AK4396

Anybody know a source for these DACs?

Also, what would be a fair price to pay for them?
Old 31st May 2009, 01:27 PM   #1942
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I bought mine from this guy:

AK4396 miracle dac

Regards
Old 25th June 2009, 11:33 AM   #1943
kepa1 is offline kepa1  France
diyAudio Member

Default Replacement XLR/RCA connectors

Hello,

I know some Neutrik "PCB style" connetor fit in the DCX chassis but I'm looking for "solder pin type" to go along with transformers, both RCA and XLR (and even BNC for the digital input!). The Neutrik ones are too big, unfortunately.

Did someone identify any brand that sells them?

Thank you
Old 25th June 2009, 11:46 PM   #1944
diyAudio Member

Off topic by two letters but no probs ... On the DEQ2496 the Aux and Digital outputs are the same feed (DSP output channel) so the aux cannot be delayed with respect to the digital and vice versa. You can however choose to delay either the main or auxiliary/digital outputs so hook your subs up to the analogue main outputs (XLR) and then hook the digital out to your mid-high's and all should be well. if you need balanced analogue for the mains also, that's no prob as the auxiliary output is balanced too..

If you really want those plugs on the back and are not too shabby on the tiny electronics involved you may be able to swap the I2S lines (digital audio signal) from the D-A converters over (I guess alternatively swap the analogue outs from the D-A chips) to get the main DSP feed out of the aux connectors and vice versa.

Duncan
Old 27th June 2009, 11:49 AM   #1945
diyAudio Member

How does it perform? Nice chip with AD DSP and AKM A/D D/A.

To bad the PCB layout is among the worst I have ever seen.
Old 6th July 2009, 04:56 PM   #1946
diyAudio Member

At home I use a Behringer Eurorack to mix the input to my DCX. On the DCX output I had a pair of home-boxed Hypex Class-D 400w/c amps driving my JBL speakers.. Unfortunately last week a power surge seems to have blown my Hypex amps (yes, I should have used a surge protector but lost it in a recent house move!). The up-shot is 500Euro worth of Hypex amps is now dead. So I replaced them with a Behringer EP 4000. I know it's not the ideal system, but it does the trick and is very flexible.

THE CURRENT PROBLEM is that when the Hypex amps blew, they seem to have destroyed output channel 2 of my DCX when they output 40V dc across their input terminals at failure. Great. I'm pissed about only having 5 channels left on the DCX. As the other 5 DCX output chans still work great, I wanna fix the 6th and keep full flexibility of the DCX.. I think it's probably a simple as a last-stage back-protective IC that has blown..

Anyone got experience with the final output stage, or it's repair? looks like very simple/repairable circuitry, and schematics seem to be available.. does anyone have any tips??

I think getting the thing posted back for Behringer repair will cost more than a replacement unit (I think it may be out of its warranty period, lost all the details ).

Any help here?

Cheers,
Andrew
Old 7th July 2009, 06:20 AM   #1947
DorinD is offline DorinD  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jakobsladderz
Off topic by two letters but no probs ... On the DEQ2496 the Aux and Digital outputs are the same feed (DSP output channel) so the aux cannot be delayed with respect to the digital and vice versa. You can however choose to delay either the main or auxiliary/digital outputs so hook your subs up to the analogue main outputs (XLR) and then hook the digital out to your mid-high's and all should be well. if you need balanced analogue for the mains also, that's no prob as the auxiliary output is balanced too..

If you really want those plugs on the back and are not too shabby on the tiny electronics involved you may be able to swap the I2S lines (digital audio signal) from the D-A converters over (I guess alternatively swap the analogue outs from the D-A chips) to get the main DSP feed out of the aux connectors and vice versa.

Duncan
Thank alot for the information!
Dorin
Old 14th July 2009, 12:14 AM   #1948
Liliya is offline Liliya  Norway
diyAudio Member

Default CS 8420 outputs

I need some help to locate were this outputs from CS 8420
"ends" up on the main board on my DCX 2496:

Pin 16 OSCLK go to UBCLK
Pin 17 OLRCK go to ULRCLK
Pin 21 OMCK go to CLK 24
Pin 09 RST go to HRST

I need to know where I can find "good" soldering points for a flat-cable for UBCLK, ULRCLK, CLK 24 and HRST.

Forget pins or soldering pads on the main board. They are all (mostly) gone.

A disaster, but I shall not bore anyone about how this could happens.
With a new input stage I hope I can "rescue" the the main board.

Regards

E. Stillingen
Old 28th July 2009, 01:59 AM   #1949
SQLGuy is offline SQLGuy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by audio_roo
At home I use a Behringer Eurorack to mix the input to my DCX. On the DCX output I had a pair of home-boxed Hypex Class-D 400w/c amps driving my JBL speakers.. Unfortunately last week a power surge seems to have blown my Hypex amps (yes, I should have used a surge protector but lost it in a recent house move!). The up-shot is 500Euro worth of Hypex amps is now dead. So I replaced them with a Behringer EP 4000. I know it's not the ideal system, but it does the trick and is very flexible.

THE CURRENT PROBLEM is that when the Hypex amps blew, they seem to have destroyed output channel 2 of my DCX when they output 40V dc across their input terminals at failure. Great. I'm pissed about only having 5 channels left on the DCX. As the other 5 DCX output chans still work great, I wanna fix the 6th and keep full flexibility of the DCX.. I think it's probably a simple as a last-stage back-protective IC that has blown..

Anyone got experience with the final output stage, or it's repair? looks like very simple/repairable circuitry, and schematics seem to be available.. does anyone have any tips??

I think getting the thing posted back for Behringer repair will cost more than a replacement unit (I think it may be out of its warranty period, lost all the details ).

Any help here?

Cheers,
Andrew

Don't know if you fixed this yet. Best thing would be to have a scope. Second choice would be a patch cable running into an an amp and speaker so you can test for signal. Basically, ground the shield of the cable to the ground of the DCX, and use the center pin as a test proble. You can calibrate the volume by first "probing" a working channel.

The thing to check for is where the signal is lost. I doubt more than the last 4580 got blown, but it's better to know for sure. If you have signal at pin 7 of IC2, then the problem is definitely in the last 4580 (IC13), or it's supporting resistors. You can also check for signal at pins 7 and 1 of IC13 to see whether one of the 60.4Ohm resistors is blown. If you have signal at pin 7 of IC2 but not at BOTH pins 7 and 1 of IC13, then IC13 is the main problem and will need to be replaced.

How are you with surface mount soldering?
Old 28th July 2009, 02:23 PM   #1950
SQLGuy is offline SQLGuy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by panomaniac
It may depend on the chip, but that is usually what they are spec'd for. I've asked tech support if they found a better operating point, but they said no - 1K was it.

That said, I've run them from 600R to 50K. They didn't seem to have a problem at all. But if you are using a transformer, it's not going to be a linear load unless you put a swamping resistor across it.

But please, feel free to experiment with different loads. It's easy enough to do! Somewhere between 1K and 3K has worked best for me. YMMV.
Guys, it's right here in the data sheet (http://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/akm/en/...k4396_f00e.pdf - page 10): minimum AC load resistance = 1K Ohm.

If you're loading these things with 600 Ohm loads directly, you're overloading them.

Hide this!Advertise here!