Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over - Page 149 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th December 2007, 10:15 PM   #1481
oettle is offline oettle  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Brett,

I have to admit my typical listening levels are at about 80 dB although my 3-way speakers have a max level of about 105 dB. Beyond that I have no experience because my goal is lowest distortion and not max level. So I prefer drives like those tested here: http://www.zaphaudio.com/

Independent of level I would say the Eminence 3015LF drivers http://www.eminence-speaker.com/pdf/...ite-3015lf.pdf are a good choice for frequency ranges above 60-80 Hz. To get 20 Hz at full level out of them I assume that is even with intensive EQing impossible.

Frank
Old 26th December 2007, 10:18 PM   #1482
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oettle
Independent of level I would say the Eminence 3015LF drivers http://www.eminence-speaker.com/pdf/...ite-3015lf.pdf are a good choice for frequency ranges above 60-80 Hz. To get 20 Hz at full level out of them I assume that is even with intensive EQing impossible.

Frank
Look at the TH thread post 666 and tell me where the EQ is required.
Old 26th December 2007, 10:46 PM   #1483
oettle is offline oettle  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Brett,

Looking at the Eminence SPL diagram there is a -3 dB point at about 90 Hz without enclosure. The data sheet talks about a usable frequency range of 40-1.5 kHz which seems to be very optimistic. Even if I'm using the wrong parts I would bet that's the wrong thread for this discussion.

Frank
Old 26th December 2007, 10:50 PM   #1484
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oettle
Hi Brett,

Looking at the Eminence SPL diagram there is a -3 dB point at about 90 Hz without enclosure. The data sheet talks about a usable frequency range of 40-1.5 kHz which seems to be very optimistic. Even if I'm using the wrong parts I would bet that's the wrong thread for this discussion.

Frank
Refer to my previous post. If you can't be bothered looking it up, why did you bother to comment? I am NOT speaking about this driver in a traditional reflex or sealed enclosure.
Old 26th December 2007, 11:31 PM   #1485
diyAudio Moderator

Gentlemen, we are wandering off topic.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 26th December 2007, 11:44 PM   #1486
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Gentlemen, we are wandering off topic.
It's a response to questions asked about xovers and the use of them in the design of speaker systems. On topic in my book.
Old 27th December 2007, 08:33 AM   #1487
diyAudio Moderator

Ok, a little off topic.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 27th December 2007, 03:44 PM   #1488
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Am I right when I say that none of the e-lyts on the DSP board cary more than 5v?
Oc-cone sell al little odd values in Sweden...
Old 27th December 2007, 03:57 PM   #1489
DougL is offline DougL  United States
diyAudio Member

Quick question. I want to replace both input and output circuits.
Is the RS232 control board still available, and where can I get a good, readable copy of the pin outs of the ribbon connectors?

Also, I intend to do 1:1 input transformers and 4:1 output.
Any comments from those that have done this would be welcome.

Doug
Old 27th December 2007, 04:44 PM   #1490
MaVo is online now MaVo  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sfogg
"It comes back to that old recording studio design rule, you can't fix time domain problems in the frequency domain."

Unless it is a minimum phase problem... like room resonances and such in the bass.

Shawn
I would say, fixing room modes with eq is only good, when no other option (with other words, room treatment) remains. If i may refer to linkwitz lab publications no. 21 or simply http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Woofer%20accuracy.rtf where siegfried linkwitz states, that "For example, when a short length of a 100% amplitude modulated signal with a carrier to modulation frequency ratio of 10:1 is used as stimulus, then the room response reduces the depth of modulation and increases the burst duration for different frequencies and room locations." As you put energy into room modes, you store it in them, which is then released over time, blurring the low frequency sounds in time. As an analogy, i think of my room as a set of vibrating strings, which are bowed or plucked and then ring on.

EQ may be better used on the non modal range, for example to correct the response of a compression driver in a CD horn.

Hide this!Advertise here!