Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th December 2017, 01:36 PM   #4171
Pano is online now Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Have fun with the pot - is that legal? Let us know how well it works. You'll end up having 2 volume controls on the outputs, right? The 6-gang, then the volume on the amps themselves.
Old 8th December 2017, 01:45 PM   #4172
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

I'll be using 4 gangs for the time being with my WAW set up. I'm planning to use just one volume control but may have to attenuate further, what do you suggest?
Old 8th December 2017, 03:33 PM   #4173
bentoronto is offline bentoronto  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoplin View Post
Details of the 6 volume chip here HTTP 301 This page has been moved
Thanks for link to chip data sheet. Not a word about distortion.

But I am curious about the how well these devices pan out when implemented. Seems there are a whole bunch of similar (identical?) devices out there.

F9 PGS2311 5.1 channel volume control kit+LCD Display+remote-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Can anybody offer some further guidance on buying an electronic ganged 6-channel volume control?

I couldn't be much happier than with my SPDIF coax to Input A and a multi-gang pot output control.

B.
Old 8th December 2017, 03:54 PM   #4174
Pano is online now Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoplin View Post
I'm planning to use just one volume control but may have to attenuate further, what do you suggest?
You'd want your amps to have their overall gain set fairly low, I would think. That gives you a better range on the 4-6 gang pot. Have you read the article on gain structure? It could help you understand how to set up things.
Old 8th December 2017, 04:13 PM   #4175
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Yes, I'm aware of gain structure, I don't use a preamp. I'm probably going to need to connect individual pots after the ganged pots on the amp inputs, is there a prefered way to do this? The ganged pot is 10k log, would similar value afterwards be ok, the amp's input impedance is 22k?

Behringer DCX2496 digital X-overHide this!Advertise here!