2xTDA1541A + DIR9001 best dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.I have 2xtda1541a.I heard that tda1541 is best nos dac chip.I need a pcb or kit of NOS dac using 2xTDA1541a and dir9001(because I heard it sounds better than cs8412) Any help? It can be a pcb layout file too.I also have lots of 2sk170.I can use it as output buffer too.

My dream is to make a dac using 2xtda1541parallel+dir9001+2sk170+ero kp capacitors.It sounds wonderful i think! :note::note: Any recommendations ?

Also, I found this review/hack of the TDA1541Ax4 on eBay from Raindrop Hui on Lampizator (is he crazy? good? bad?).

Hi-END DIR9001+TDA1541A*4 NOS DAC Kit TDA1541 - eBay (item 220557425214 end time Feb-25-10 23:18:46 PST)
fourTDA_dac

It is not bad in the end... Some of the mods recommended are very much so needed to get most out of it...

The 4.0 Blue Dac is good to start with....but it is much much better once upgraded... No regrets at all buying and upgrading it.....

I converted my 4.0 to be a linear interpolation DAC... way cool....and DEM reclocked it too.

jk

Last edited:
I heard that there are many ways to build a dac.But i also heard that tda1541a is the best sounding dac chip and i want to build one with this.I do not want to build a pcb myself.I want to buy online.There is always same tda1541a pcb around.Do you know it?How does it sound?I wanted to build a nos dac but Nazar said that a good designed os dac sounds better than nos dac.This is the link of os dac pcb that i may buy. PCB TDA1541 / TDA1541A ( CS8412 / CS8414 + SAA7220) - eBay (item 280328167007 end time Mar-24-10 07:45:12 PDT)

I will not be buying Hui Raindrop DAC's anymore

Hi.I have 2xtda1541a.I heard that tda1541 is best nos dac chip.I need a pcb or kit of NOS dac using 2xTDA1541a and dir9001(because I heard it sounds better than cs8412) Any help? It can be a pcb layout file too.I also have lots of 2sk170.I can use it as output buffer too.

My dream is to make a dac using 2xtda1541parallel+dir9001+2sk170+ero kp capacitors.It sounds wonderful i think! :note::note: Any recommendations ?

I have bought 3 DAC's off Hui Raindrop the first was a Wolfson 4.0 that would not signal lock (it still has a signal lock problem) through SPDIF and had all the output stage capacitors inserted with incorrect polarity configuration the second was a Dual TDA1541A that had 10 volt instead of the correct 16 volt capacitors on TDA1541A digital 15 volt lines my other Dual TDA1541A I purchased without capacitors as I wanted to spec my own and when I put it together it would not work it still has a problem in the digital section which Hui chooses to ignore my requests for a replacement or help all three had problems that needed to be rectified at cost to me and his email help is very unhelpful when he chooses to reply .

I will not be buying Hui Raindrop DAC's anymore .

Every time i order DACs from China i know i'll be fixing them as they arrive.
My first one was WM8740, which had it's output filter opamp instable.
Second one was the tiny PCM1798 which sounded pretty fine unmodified, but throwing some small ceramic caps on I outputs of PCM1798 gave me the result i've been looking for.
TDA1541 DAC from Luzhu/bpp is on the table right now, and as i had pretty high expectations of it before i've powered the thing on :) Now it's halfway there - singing, but with minor issues. All in all i like it, and i like the opportunity given to me to fix it.
That's why i like these cheap DACs. They are real DIY :)

Ah, that doesn't mean the price nor county of origin make flaws in designs :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.