Looking for a 24 bit USB ADC board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am looking for a high quality 24 bit audio USB ADC board or kit. A sample rate >= 96 kHz would be nice. Well, I could use the board of one of these external soundcards but I only need an ADC and the circuit should be low power. Any ideas/suggestions?

Greetings

Peter

Thanks for your replies.

I think I need a S/PDIF to USB or (even better) a I2S to USB converter. I have searched the net but could not find one. As the circuit should be as small as possible, hacking a soundcard is not an ideal solution. Any other ideas?

Peter

Here is some info....

Here is a link to my thread a while back on the same subject.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/148970-spdif-input-usb-24-bit.html

If you have the ADC (it sounds like you do), then the T.I. TAS1020B chip will give you an I2s interface to USB at 24 bit. This is what I am working on, but have not been successful yet. The USB chip requires programming and writing a driver I believe.

The Edirol UA-1D is an out-of-production device that only does 16 bit. Other than that, it is exactly what you are looking for. A simple Spdif-to-USB interface. I searched many hours for a simple device like that for 24 bit, but have concluded that it isn't available. It seems that we will need to build one from the T.I. chip. Oh well, that's the fun part, right? :)

Hope this helps.

-Brian

Hi there,
I have a simular problem pebo has/d. I am looking for a I²S to USB Adapter/Converter. In my case 16 bit would be enough.
If I got it right the signal already got converted into digital by the I²S radiosystem. On the side the adapter should be attached the signal shall be used with Labview on a computer. Atm it is reconverted to analog an by a ADC once more into digital, which seems to be quite unnecessary.
I am looking forward to your replies.
Greetings,
André

this thread is about ADC, not DAC, buffalo is a dac, multichannel dacs are not cheap to build, especially if they require IV conversion, so probably voltage out chips like this from wolfson, crystal semi or AKM would be preferred if you are on a tight budget.

I presume you want this for a digital crossover? the Najda board from Wroclaw Audio Force for example, has a multichannel dac, with onboard output stage, as well as onboard DSP crossover hardware and optionally multichannel analogue or digital domain volume control. heres the development/discussion thread on this forum, but its a professional audio product also. it has 8 analogue output channels, 10 digital output channels and I think a further 6 channel extender interface. it also has onboard multichannel ADC

as for ADC alone though, they are still pretty thin on the ground in DIY, especially with usb output, but I recommend looking at some of the evaluation boards from manufacturers as a nice starting point, such as the PCM4222 one from Ti.

Hi, Personaly Im looking to record atleast 4 input channels simultaneously of audio/guitar/vocals etc to Laptop via USB

Having 8 outputs to build a PCcrossover would be nice but that would be later, for now i just wish to build a little recording device and sure i could buy a brand new sound card lol

The link you sent on "DSP Xover project (part 2)" Ive seen this and it seems perfect for the crossover and outputs, so have not quite understood does it/can it be modified to multichannel inputs "As well" ?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.