A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac - Page 82 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th September 2011, 06:12 PM   #811
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeVee View Post
Hi Owen,

Just a comment: Bufallo III does not fit on this board as it is slightly longer then BII.

The connections are at same place so gaining some space at the reg capacitor side would solve problem, maybe you could stretch PCB for this run ?
Owen the next pcb share the same holes than the first one that I have, I said that because I ordered one new BIII so I want to know if I can use the same heatsink that I have using with BII?
Old 28th September 2011, 08:11 PM   #812
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I think its just the save pcb, but yes Owen please dont move any devices, if you can move the caps back to allow use with b3 that would be cool for those who plan to use it and use the onboard psu (its meaningless for those who dont plan to) but yes i think its important to keep the same format for the fets etc, otherwise they will have to make an entirely new jig at conrad if anyone wants any sinks.

btw guys, i'm now down to my last 4 sets of fets after 3 have gone, there is still quite a number untested as i stopped after 150, but i wont find any time to do that for a long time, if ever. so those that want them let me know. @merlin that means you =)
Old 29th September 2011, 09:38 AM   #813
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
the sets i have left are 50 and 60, no perfect quads left as they all went in the first gb, but they are pretty close to perfect still, go back a decimal and they are. plenty of perfect pairs that are close to each other, which is what i would recommend you go with at this stage, as having highly matched pairs is more important than quads. shipping is either 5aud for regular airmail, or ~20 for registered mail, shoot me an email
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
I think its just the save pcb, but yes Owen please dont move any devices, if you can move the caps back to allow use with b3 that would be cool for those who plan to use it and use the onboard psu (its meaningless for those who dont plan to) but yes i think its important to keep the same format for the fets etc, otherwise they will have to make an entirely new jig at conrad if anyone wants any sinks.

btw guys, i'm now down to my last 4 sets of fets after 3 have gone, there is still quite a number untested as i stopped after 150, but i wont find any time to do that for a long time, if ever. so those that want them let me know. @merlin that means you =)
80 AUS for four FQA32N20C?
Old 29th September 2011, 02:39 PM   #814
diyAudio Member

no 60 for the 4 fets, plus either 5 (standard airmail) or 20 (registered mail) depending on what shipping. so 65 or 80 total with shipping depending on which method you choose. considering the amount of work involved, cost for buying extra equipment to get it done, cost for the precision parts and time involved in research and building the difference amp and the amount of unused wasted fets; i think its more than reasonable and i wouldnt do it again at that price, i do better for my normal work, this was just a way of giving back to the community and getting some nice sets; but i didnt plan on giving as much back as i did =) oh well there was some learning in there too, which is always good.

Last edited by qusp; 29th September 2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 29th September 2011, 02:59 PM   #815
diyAudio Member

Sorry qusp, at this moment a lot of projects & I really don't need it urgent because I wanted as spare so give it up.
Old 29th September 2011, 03:05 PM   #816
diyAudio Member

ok cool, i just didnt want to save it for you unnecessarily. i can probably find some that are not matched as well if i went through the numbers again and do for less, but not really that keen to do do more work for less, although it would get rid of some that would stay unused in my parts bin. nobody else has complained about the price I asked a few GB members what they thought was fair given the work involved and stuck to that.

Last edited by qusp; 29th September 2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 30th September 2011, 11:54 AM   #817
diyAudio Member

What's happen if I remove or don't use R19-20-21-23? aren't necessary if the load (BII is connected) right? I ask because the I/V sounded better when connected directly the ouput cap to the connector & jumped the pcb instead to connect the cap at the pcb with the bleed resistors....

Last edited by merlin el mago; 30th September 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 1st October 2011, 12:05 PM   #818
diyAudio Member

Jumped again the pcb & connected again direct the output cap to the connector without removing the resistors & wow again come back the soul....
Old 4th October 2011, 11:20 AM   #819
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
Owen the next pcb share the same holes than the first one that I have, I said that because I ordered one new BIII so I want to know if I can use the same heatsink that I have using with BII?
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
What's happen if I remove or don't use R19-20-21-23? aren't necessary if the load (BII is connected) right? I ask because the I/V sounded better when connected directly the ouput cap to the connector & jumped the pcb instead to connect the cap at the pcb with the bleed resistors....
bump
Old 4th October 2011, 03:42 PM   #820
diyAudio Member

Default I'm proud of it !!

So this is my almost completed D1. I'll still receive the USB-I2S board and I have to fix better the cabling inside and few other things.

I have a slightly modified version of the hifiduino, that allows me to switch on and off the DAC holding the button for more than two seconds. It also shorts the output for switch on and off transient.

On the same rack there are the AD1865, the B1, and on the bottom the F5.

Thanks to all for making this possible.

Merlin, these resistors are bleed resistors for the caps, so that you do not destroy your next stage plugging in the connectors. In reality they should not have any effect.

D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6938.JPG (36.8 KB, 558 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6939.JPG (49.7 KB, 543 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6941.JPG (71.9 KB, 556 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!