A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac - Page 55 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2010, 04:12 PM   #541
diyAudio Member

I don't want that Owen pay the pcbs that people don't want.

Good night qusp.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:14 PM   #542
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

qusp:

At this point it might be best to just find a buyer for your second board as well as the SMD parts as a kit. I made the global decision to sell each board as a kit with the SMD components since I thought interest was unanimous.

I'd rather not get stuck with an extra set of SMD parts, so that would be best with me. I guess I misunderstood that you wanted two boards but only one set of SMD parts.

Let me know if you're okay with letting go of the second board with it's SMD parts.

Merlin:

I think you're correct, we have a surplus of two boards at the moment.

one from Lauret and one from qusp.

As I mentioned, pars seemed interested earlier, so he might take one.

I also just got a note from Salomon saying he'll take one. Hopefully that covers everything.

Thanks again,
Owen
Old 31st October 2010, 04:19 PM   #543
diyAudio Member

Alright,

Salomon has officially taken Lauret's PCB and SMD parts. Thanks Salomon!

I've taken Lauret off the list, and added Salomon.

That leaves one PCB and one SMD set left. Pars is first on the list if he still wants it.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 31st October 2010, 04:22 PM   #544
lauret is offline lauret  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thanks Salomon!
Old 31st October 2010, 04:30 PM   #545
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

one last post had an email to take care of now i'm off to bed.

@ opc: no problem keeping it together mate, whatever works for you. I only did the 1 set of smd out of convenience so I didnt have to search through all my parts boxes (which are all going into boxes as i'm in the middle of moving house as we speak) and decide what I needed and what I didnt, so I asked for the one set and was at the time thinking I might get a few more things to take advantage of the GB pricing, but before I knew it you had ordered already.

as my email said, I really need very few smd parts because most are in the regulator section, which I will use at some point, but have no need for right now. buying 2 sets of smd would be crazy.

so yeah if you would prefer to keep them together and dont mind hanging onto my second PCB to sell with the parts, then thats fine with me, but I also do not want to see you stuck with a board because of me, so have no problem paying for the second PCB only (no parts) if needed.

and if a few people would like to send their kits over here with mine together for me to do the SMD then thats fine too, we'll work something out.

@ merlin neither do I mate, totally with you there, but buying a 3rd board for me would just be silly

night guys!!

Last edited by qusp; 31st October 2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:37 PM   #546
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
one last post had an email to take care of now i'm off to bed.

@ opc: no problem keeping it together mate, whatever works for you. I only did the 1 set of smd out of convenience so I didnt have to search through all my parts boxes (which are all going into boxes as i'm in the middle of moving house as we speak) and decide what I needed and what I didnt, so I asked for the one set and was at the time thinking I might get a few more things to take advantage of the GB pricing, but before I knew it you had ordered already.

as my email said, I really need very few smd parts because most are in the regulator section, which I will use at some point, but have no need for right now. buying 2 sets of smd would be crazy.

so yeah if you would prefer to keep them together and dont mind hanging onto my second PCB to sell with the parts, then thats fine with me, but I also do not want to see you stuck with a board because of me, so have no problem paying for the second PCB only (no parts) if needed.

and if a few people would like to send their kits over here with mine together for me to do the SMD then thats fine too, we'll work something out.

@ merlin neither do I mate, totally with you there, but buying a 3rd board for me would just be silly

night guys!!

You are a very good person, don't worry if Pars don't buy your pcb & smd parts I will buy to Owen, if you need only the pcb without smd parts I only buy the smd parts to Owen (but remember I don't know to solder SMD).

Go quiet to bed.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:42 PM   #547
Salomon is offline Salomon  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauret View Post
Thanks Salomon!
You must not say thank.
I am glad, that I get 1 Set of PCB and SMD Parts.

best regards

Horst
Old 31st October 2010, 10:44 PM   #548
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

So far so good! Quite a few payments have come through, and things seem to be settling down a little bit. It looks like all the boards are spoken for, which is a big relief for me.

I've attached an updated list, and I would like it if everyone who has paid can make sure they're marked as such, and make sure all your options are correct. I should be able to start shipping a lot of these out tomorrow, but it depends on how long the packing and sorting takes. I'm pretty sure everything is correct, but it's nice to have everyone double check.

By the way, if anyone is buying up parts, I found a heatsink that is cheaper and significantly better than the Ohmite one originally specified. Same footprint, but no holes behind the die.

Digi-Key - HS346-ND (Manufacturer - 513102B02500G)

Cheers,
Owen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Board Payments DAC 3.pdf (28.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 1st November 2010, 07:11 AM   #549
Salomon is offline Salomon  Germany
diyAudio Member

I hope I will find my name on the updated list.
I also will take FETs and 400R if you have someone for me

best regards

Horst
Old 1st November 2010, 10:41 AM   #550
diyAudio Member

@Owen

Payment done by paypal, please update the payment list.

Thank you, Felipe

Hide this!Advertise here!