A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac - Page 40 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2010, 11:08 PM   #391
diyAudio Member

I would be in for the SMD parts
Old 10th October 2010, 11:13 PM   #392
CeeVee is offline CeeVee  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc View Post

Anyone interested in a group buy for the SMD parts on the boards, please let me know and I'll get some pricing together.
Hi Owen,

I'd be interested in 2 sets of SMD parts.

Thanks for your effort
Old 11th October 2010, 12:38 AM   #393
diyAudio Member

I'd be in for an SMD kit, and also having the boards split.

Would it be possible for someone to post the recommended transformer specs and required rail voltages.

Thanks Owen
Old 11th October 2010, 01:41 AM   #394
diyAudio Member

I am in for 1 set smd parts also.
Many thanks for all your efforts
Old 11th October 2010, 02:04 AM   #395
diyAudio Member

I am also in for the board splitting & 2 sets of the SMD parts.

THANKS for designing, debugging, actualizing, & arranging the instantiation of this!

Greg in Mississippi
Old 11th October 2010, 02:12 AM   #396
diyAudio Member

BTW, anyone got a line on a supplier (in the US or will ship to the US) for the Fairchild FQA32N20C-ND's? Digikey and Mouser both are out of stock!

I figured I'd better order some 'cause this is really gonna happen... and now everyone else has gotten there before me!

Greg in Mississippi
Old 11th October 2010, 03:00 AM   #397
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Stewart View Post
BTW, anyone got a line on a supplier (in the US or will ship to the US) for the Fairchild FQA32N20C-ND's? Digikey and Mouser both are out of stock!

I figured I'd better order some 'cause this is really gonna happen... and now everyone else has gotten there before me!

Greg in Mississippi
Future electronics:

Search result for: *FQA32N20C* - Future Electronics
Old 11th October 2010, 03:39 AM   #398
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

Looks like there's definitely enough interest to make a group buy for the SMD parts worthwhile. I'll crunch the numbers and see what will be included and how much can be saved in the process. Then I can place a Digikey order and include the SMD parts when I ship out the boards.

I would consider soldering the SMD parts if people need this done, but it's the sort of thing that takes a while to do by hand, and would certainly come at a premium.

RichLund:

The transformer should be a dual 40VAC secondary, and should be rated for at least 25-30VA continuous. I was initially going to spec this:

Antek - AN-0240

but I think I'll be suggesting the larger 50VA version instead:

Antek - AN-0540

It's only $2 more ($13 instead of $11) and the 25VA is really pushing it. It would probably be fine with 60Hz, but not really for 50Hz. The above is assuming you're using two transformers, one per channel which is what I would suggest.

The power draw breaks down like this:

For +/- 45VDC rails (what I would strongly suggest) there will be 117mA of current per leg (and there are two legs per channel). So, that's 234mA total from 90VDC total, which is 21W per channel. There is also the power lost in the regulators, which in this case would be about 10V per reg, at 234mA for a total of 2.34W each. That means we're looking at a grand total of 25.7W constant power draw per channel.

Greg Stewart:

I have a rail of the FQA32N20's so if you're having a lot of trouble finding them, I can sell a few from my stash. I'm actually going to consider offering these matched for transconductance and VDS, but I'm not sure if I have a large enough number to get good matching. I'll see how things looks when I go to match my pairs.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 11th October 2010, 09:43 AM   #399
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

wow i've been watching this thread all week with nothing and I turn my back for a moment and look what happens haha. right well sorry if I missed this info, but what was the price on the boards? just need to work out finances. its possible I will just go with 1 because I havent heard back from my friend since seeing its moving ahead. that may change by the time you make the order or receive them, but just trying to work out if I should just cover it for him. I would be keen on the SMD parts for the IV section only and could possibly organize the linear GB if others are keen, though I wont be using them here I would probably throw in to grab a few for other projects.

I bought a small rail of the fets, but I hadnt bothered before matching them, I would be interested in a circuit for a simple testing jig if you have that info owen, obviously I have a DMM.

haha the qusp mod coming together nicely to, because my PTFE/2 oz Cu/Ag/Au ackodac PCBs are going off to fab shortly
Old 11th October 2010, 07:24 PM   #400
tkwou is offline tkwou  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hope I'm not too late. Haven't logged in for a week. I would like a board and SMD parts as well.

Hide this!Advertise here!