A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac - Page 165 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2013, 03:48 AM   #1641
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

with that baseplate I doubt you needed the sinks =)
Old 26th January 2013, 05:54 AM   #1642
diyAudio Member

is your PCB black Mike? or that is just a mockup? or it just appears black?

So Mike, umm unless I need to look back to see if you paid me extra earlier (quite possible) you are one in the USA that hasnt paid the tax yet I dont have a record of it anyway. there are 4 people I have no payment from, perhaps they were missed in the email but not all so hopefully they see here.

MisterRogers
tehrkn
Coolhead
atom4622 (I know you arent always near email mate)

not naming and shaming here just a reminder, not everyone is near their forum email all the time and I may have missed a couple of you with the email perhaps; but please lets get it taken care of so I can get this all on the way ASAP

and could all of you who ordered extra Keratherm please confirm amounts, as this is one part my notation let me down a bit. i've got everyone who was in for the standard amount and a few extra people with the additional amount, but i'm not 100% sure I have it all accurate as far as the few of you who wanted more
Old 26th January 2013, 06:22 AM   #1643
diyAudio Member

Emphrygian: i'll shoot you an email re tax issues, I know its a pretty extreme case in EU where you basically would pay 20% tax if importing an empty envelope...
Old 26th January 2013, 09:51 AM   #1644
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

On my side, I was planning to do a little like my balanced DCB1 for heat dissipation. Works really good. My base plate under the heatsink and DCB1 is 0.25" thick

Click the image to open in full size.

The transformer are isolated with a plastic covered steel to help stop emi leaking to the DCB1.

Do
Old 26th January 2013, 01:37 PM   #1645
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Well it figures :-) All I can say in defense is that you and I are having email problems - I've never received an email with my amount; nor do I remember it flying by in this forum. Sheeh.

Send me what I owe, and I'll get if off immediately qusp. Sorry to lag all. Re: Keratherm - I was down for 2x.

Yea, it's a mockup :-) I realized that as I scaled it to the size I wanted (16in x 11in, 6in tall) that the mass of the bottom plate was likely to be adequate. Oh well, I've nothing against overkill. You should see it with the heat sink extension on. Looks like an invasion ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
is your PCB black Mike? or that is just a mockup? or it just appears black?

So Mike, umm unless I need to look back to see if you paid me extra earlier (quite possible) you are one in the USA that hasnt paid the tax yet I dont have a record of it anyway. there are 4 people I have no payment from, perhaps they were missed in the email but not all so hopefully they see here.

MisterRogers
tehrkn
Coolhead
atom4622 (I know you arent always near email mate)

not naming and shaming here just a reminder, not everyone is near their forum email all the time and I may have missed a couple of you with the email perhaps; but please lets get it taken care of so I can get this all on the way ASAP

and could all of you who ordered extra Keratherm please confirm amounts, as this is one part my notation let me down a bit. i've got everyone who was in for the standard amount and a few extra people with the additional amount, but i'm not 100% sure I have it all accurate as far as the few of you who wanted more
Old 26th January 2013, 02:55 PM   #1646
diyAudio Member

like I said guys, no need to confirm standard NTD1 keratherm orders, i'm onto that, just those few that asked for extra and a few of them i'm onto as well, but I just want to make sure I dont forget any.

Yeah mike, dunno how, did we have an email problem earlier in the piece too? oh I know why you didnt get it, I just reused the group recipient list from earlier, just copied it and I think because we were already in communication and you knew the details I didnt resend it to you that time. anyway like I said not naming and shaming just the state of affairs, regardless of cause. sent you email.

that heatsink looks whacky!
Old 26th January 2013, 03:06 PM   #1647
diyAudio Member

Gb components will go out next week some time. Depends on travel schedule.
Old 27th January 2013, 05:41 PM   #1648
diyAudio Member

Hi qusp,

I am sorry for my late response, but I've never received your email with my amount for the tax.

Please let me know what I owe.

I really appreciate your efforts for this GB.
Old 29th January 2013, 01:37 AM   #1649
diyAudio Member

no problem, payment recieved. we had a 'blip' here in Queensland' a strange situation right in the middle of being an el nino and la nina tore a strip half way down the coast (where most of the entire countries people are) of a state the size of many countries.
Old 9th February 2013, 03:35 PM   #1650
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Forgot to mention - very nice work pinnocchio! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchio View Post
On my side, I was planning to do a little like my balanced DCB1 for heat dissipation. Works really good. My base plate under the heatsink and DCB1 is 0.25" thick

The transformer are isolated with a plastic covered steel to help stop emi leaking to the DCB1.

Do

Hide this!Advertise here!