A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac - Page 164 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd January 2013, 04:38 AM   #1631
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

thanks mate, got it, so i'll just hang onto your stuff till the parts GB gets here yes? then we talk about what to do from there.
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:45 AM   #1632
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
thanks mate, got it, so i'll just hang onto your stuff till the parts GB gets here yes? then we talk about what to do from there.
Parts GB? didn't know any progress, am I missing anything?
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:58 AM   #1633
diyAudio Member

umm really? buzzforb has mentioned it multiple times, think hes about to hit the buy button. drop him a line, not sure if we are going to get the power supply section given a few of us are looking at other regulators.
Old 25th January 2013, 03:03 PM   #1634
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Ok - what say we nail down our final 'details', pay up qusp and get this off his plate? If you have a stake in this, tune in and pay up :-) Qusp, IMO, there should be no discussion about insurance. With these parts/values, as organizer/sender I would only send with insurance. Let's go with totals that include insurance and get these funds into qusp.

If we end up with any US members that don't pay, I'll cover it so you can send it off to me. I have no problems holding their gear hostage until they do :-)
Old 25th January 2013, 03:06 PM   #1635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
Parts GB? didn't know any progress, am I missing anything?
I have sent you multiple reminders and also pinged you on Paypal multiple times. You remain the only unpaid member. I am not irritated by this, but i don't really appreciate the insinuation that some how I am holding things up. In reality, everyone else is waiting on you.
Old 25th January 2013, 03:13 PM   #1636
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRogers View Post
Ok - what say we nail down our final 'details', pay up qusp and get this off his plate? If you have a stake in this, tune in and pay up :-) Qusp, IMO, there should be no discussion about insurance. With these parts/values, as organizer/sender I would only send with insurance. Let's go with totals that include insurance and get these funds into qusp.

If we end up with any US members that don't pay, I'll cover it so you can send it off to me. I have no problems holding their gear hostage until they do :-)
+1 for insurance
Old 25th January 2013, 03:14 PM   #1637
diyAudio Member

@qusp:

I ordered the red insulation pads only. Are these going out with the rest of the orders or would it be possible to ask you to ship when you have a minute of your valuable time. Also, can you share the exact part number for the red insulation pad for I may need to order directly from kerotherm for other projects I have lined up....

thanks and kind regards (Truly appreciate your organizing this for us).
Old 25th January 2013, 10:02 PM   #1638
diyAudio Member

will send email necplusultra, you can only buy 1000 x 500mm rolls direct, I have a feeling you dont need quite that much

yes, I was only going to send uninsured with written acceptance of the risks from everyone and preferred not to do that. I would not have considered without full tracking

BTW some bad news probably for some of you, those who were planning to use antek toroids will have to find another option, they had a factory/warehouse fire and are closed for business till april or later ....all items are out of stock.

as you can see i'm all done apart from some packing materials and shutting up. theree is literally no work for the regional distributors to do except addressing and sending envelopes; all orders are made up individually and labelled
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1562_Asia.jpg (390.0 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1563_EU.jpg (342.6 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1568_USA-Can.JPG (457.4 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1564.JPG (376.5 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1566.JPG (354.9 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by qusp; 25th January 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 25th January 2013, 10:52 PM   #1639
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
I have sent you multiple reminders and also pinged you on Paypal multiple times. You remain the only unpaid member. I am not irritated by this, but i don't really appreciate the insinuation that some how I am holding things up. In reality, everyone else is waiting on you.
Just paid and found your reminder in the junk mailbox but I did checked my mailbox before post the question, I always pay invoice immediately when receive it. Anyway, sorry for the delay.
Old 26th January 2013, 02:41 AM   #1640
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Thanks for going the extra mile with packaging qusp; it'll help me turn around the US orders quickly. Who's outstanding from the US/Canada?

On another note - I picked up my new enclosure from the machine shop. It's coming along :-) Lots of additional measuring and drilling to do, then powder coating. What do you think? I found these unique heat sinks that accept 3 extensions per side (notice the three rows of screw holes). The rest is raw 6061 rough cut then machined. Thanks to Owen for the thought to use the base plate to transfer heat to the end cap sinks.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by MisterRogers; 26th January 2013 at 03:10 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!