A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac - Page 153 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2012, 09:57 PM   #1521
diyAudio Member

If its larger wire, you can remove spring metal and set screw directly into wire.
Old 20th December 2012, 06:22 PM   #1522
Rolle is offline Rolle  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hi Buzzforb - i just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any payment to you for the component GB -- no rush or anything if it the component list is still in progress - I guess a lot of us are busy with all the preparation for Christmas :-)

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all you
Soren
Old 21st December 2012, 09:30 AM   #1523
diyAudio Member

Didn't miss anything. Was closing another GB that has left me behind. I'll post info later today. Gotta recover from 12hr drive to New Jersey, otherwise known as, Hell!
Old 21st December 2012, 02:43 PM   #1524
savvas is offline savvas  Greece
diyAudio Member

Land Ho! Boards on sight . I'll post them (fets and pcbs) asap via letter mail (bubble kind thing with extra protection for pcbs, fets came in their protective plastic box)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
thanks Mike, will do. I had pretty much counted on the same people who did the boards if at all possible. will let you know when I have tracking on the resistors, thus have a better estimate.
No, problem doing it. Somebody already ask me to post boards-fets with caps-resistors together.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody
Old 21st December 2012, 02:52 PM   #1525
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Great news!!!

Thanks for the prompt update Savvas!

I would imagine the other two international parcels will not be far behind, so it looks like things are going according to plan.

As a reminder to all the GB members, you will be getting a payment request from the local distributors to cover the cost of shipping from them to you. Please be prompt and courteous to each of them, and make the payments quickly.

Note that nobody in the GB has paid anything for shipping to date, and this method will allow shipping to be done for very little money. Each of the distributors is putting their time and effort into getting your board and fets to you for the least amount of money, so return the favor and get the payments for shipping out to them right away.

Happy Holidays!

Owen
Old 29th December 2012, 02:33 PM   #1526
diyAudio Member

OK guys, Finally getting around to posting. I have included the BOM for you to have a look. THere are a few options that individual must decide. Final price can only be determined after I have received communication from individuals with their specfic request. ANy questions, ask Qusp. JK, contact me through PM.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dac BOM.pdf (212.3 KB, 110 views)
Old 29th December 2012, 03:22 PM   #1527
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

ha bloody ha....

BTW I have shipping notification for the resistors too, as well as notification of an impending GST bill (10%) from Fedex no import duty because of our free trade agreement and correct labelling for the airway bill, but there is tax, however we avoided the USA sales tax by me buying it from here.

i've been assured there will be no extra brokerage fees from Fedex. will let you guys know how it pans out early-mid this week. I guess the amount caused a red flag, anything over 1K is supposed to be taxed, doesnt always happen though and we got it through last time too, but recently Au is actually talking about reducing our tax free threshold from the 1k it is now.... so guess they are tightening up, not looking forward to that.

We avoided it with the caps so thats a win, but TC wouldnt come to the party and despite calling the ATO and Customs to try and find a way around the GST for the parts that werent staying in the country, it couldnt be avoided and multiple shipments wasnt on the cards either, my requests for that were interpreted as attempts at tax evasion lol, which of course they were..... Better here than EU or Asia, we'll be able to work something out to keep further tax to the regional guys to a 'minimum', we'll do that offline though.

in fact lets not continue this convo in the thread
Old 30th December 2012, 06:48 AM   #1528
Salomon is offline Salomon  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Heatsink for TO-220 Black

In most cases with Buffalo III the EA-T220-38E-ND will become too hot, especially the 5,25V regulation!

It would be better to take the EA-T220-64E-ND

I already have written it here a long time ago.
You must not use it, but I am happy with the higher version.

Last edited by Salomon; 30th December 2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 30th December 2012, 07:47 AM   #1529
diyAudio Member

Thank you. I will look into changing it if fit is not a issue.
Old 31st December 2012, 10:43 AM   #1530
diyAudio Member

Rolle was helpful enought to point out two errors. One is just numerical in nature and pertain to the undetermined bypass caps. I got the parts numbers wrong, but they remain undetermined.

The other was more important. I did not include the 8 - 63V 2,200 uF caps for the 40V regulators. They were not on my printed BOM, an oversight to which i offer my apologies.

There are two options that seem reasonable. We need to make a choice.
NIchicon KG 63v 2.2mF @2.50/piece
Panasonic FC 63V 1.8mF @2.10/piece
I tend to lean toward the KG even though the FC are longer life products.

Please feel free to double check everything. It will only help.

Hide this!Advertise here!