A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac - Page 147 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2012, 05:25 AM   #1461
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

no, it says you need another balsie lite if you want to combine to single ended. but ut uses the onboard balsie to combine the 2 balanced channels, but thats only because of the way the mono mode in the BIII and BII is set up. do you have the ES9018/2 datasheet?

but you arent limited to the standard settings as you use arduino

remember each of the dacs is an individual dac, you will need to mess with dac polarity/phase settings for each dac individually, thats how they set the mono setting up to begin with, you need to make a new one and work out how this needs to combine, parallel some dacs into the NTD1.

given its not set up for BIII anyway, its not like you were ever going to connect via stacking headers. think it through... there i've given you all the hints. you really should be able to work it out from here...
Old 29th November 2012, 05:39 AM   #1462
diyAudio Member

HifIdunio's code already have the setting for dual mono. According to BIII guide, if my understanding is correct, BIII will output to both channels even in Mono mode and I have to combine both outputs before or after the I/V stage. Thanks again for your advice, I still have time to find it out.

As mentioned by you and Owen, there is no significant benefit to run dual mono except a little more gain. So I may not go for it.
Old 29th November 2012, 06:11 AM   #1463
diyAudio Member

i'm not talking about THAT mono setting, its the same one as in the BII/III FW. there is no 'mono' register, the mono setting is just a combination of dac polarity settings for dac ID 0 and another set of dac polarity settings for DAC 1, you just need to come up with your own to suit the purpose

I mean I agree its marginal, I would not recommend someone do mono if asked, but if you have decided already, there is a way to do it, but the BIII or BII FW just doesnt allow for it

Last edited by qusp; 29th November 2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 29th November 2012, 07:16 AM   #1464
Rolle is offline Rolle  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Parts GB
buzzforb - 1
Magsy - 1
vitalica - 2
Reenberg - 1
Emphrygian - 1
qusp - 1
Iancanada - 1
crazikid - 1
bigpandahk - 1
Rolle - 1
Old 29th November 2012, 10:48 AM   #1465
diyAudio Member

HI all,

started to poupulate and completed all smd parts.

unofortunately, there is a t1 part which is not in the BOM.

can somebody post the t1 part value and mouser number

regards
Old 29th November 2012, 10:53 AM   #1466
diyAudio Member

Owen posted this earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc View Post
Are you going to use that part of the circuit though? seems kind of non-critical to the performance of the IV to me
Old 29th November 2012, 11:06 AM   #1467
diyAudio Member

Parts GB
buzzforb - 1
Magsy - 1
vitalica - 2
Reenberg - 1
Emphrygian - 1
qusp - 1
Iancanada - 1
crazikid - 1
bigpandahk - 1
Rolle - 1
Coolhead - 1
Old 29th November 2012, 11:10 AM   #1468
diyAudio Member

its left unpopulated on mine =) seems just for completeness and we are afaik leaving it out of the parts GB, all of that part of the circuit.
Old 29th November 2012, 12:41 PM   #1469
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazikid View Post
What about the enclosure?

Are we moving forward on this?
If enough people are interested, yes, I think so. Still we need to reach some kind of consensus regarding connectors etc. This does not only apply to the type of connectors, but also brands as mounting hole diameters may differ between brands (which is one reason I go for Neutrik; most, if not all, of their connectors use a round 23.6 mm mounting hole).

Also, last time I checked, we were 10 on the enclosure GB list and since then qusp hinted that he might not be able to participate in that GB, leaving 9 of us (some of which haven't said a word on what customizations/connectors they want), which in turn might mean we won't get a great discount anyway.

If noone else feels up for it, I can contact Siliconray and see what we can do in terms of pricing and customizations, but I think they would need to send the cases straight to all buyers as if they go through me everyone will pay a ~3% customs fee and 25% VAT on top of that. That and the fact that ~10 large *** boxed up cases will fill up my apartment
Old 29th November 2012, 01:16 PM   #1470
diyAudio Member

Also, would anyone be interested in getting the case in all black or black with silver front panel?

I'm thinking it'll look a lot better than all silver...

Hide this!Advertise here!