A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac - Page 117 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st October 2012, 08:05 PM   #1161
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Hey Owen - just checking in. Have the boards landed? I'll get my shipping address off to you when they have.
Old 1st October 2012, 08:07 PM   #1162
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Not quite yet... they're still in "plating" according to the online order tracker.

They're scheduled to ship out tomorrow, so I should be getting them Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. I have all the parts I need to build one up, so I should be ready to accept payments by the end of this upcoming weekend.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 1st October 2012, 08:13 PM   #1163
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Awesome. Thanks for the timely update Owen. If anything else comes up I can help with (beyond shipping), just let me know. As always - appreciate your time/effort with this.
Old 2nd October 2012, 02:26 AM   #1164
diyAudio Member

Let us know when you want to receive the payment. Thanks.
Old 4th October 2012, 10:27 PM   #1165
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

The boards have landed! There's a picture below...

They look excellent, and I'm actually looking forward to building up the first one this weekend.

So, based on the above, I'm going to start sending out payment requests for the boards this weekend when I get some free time. It's thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, so things are a little busy, but I'll see if I can't get them all done on Saturday.

As for the mosfets, I'll float two options:

1. If enough people are interested I'll offer up fully matched quads for $30
2. If people would rather, I'll offer up just normal the fets for $10 per quad

Option 1 means a whole lot of work, which is why each quad costs $30. I don't mind charging for my time when it's benign laborious stuff like matching. the second one is a little above single unit cost to cover shipping, taxes etc...but they're basically at cost.

If enough people are interested, then I'll go through the pain of ordering a few hundred and matching them. If people are not interested, then I'll just offer up unmatched parts as per above, or none at all.

So... There's a public Google spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EhueklKd1hlbHc

Can I ask that everyone on the list please go to the above link, put an X in the "Confirm Here" column if you are happy with your order and intend to pay before the end of next week.

Also, please add if you're interested in a matched quad of fets, an unmatched quad of fets, or just leave these blank if you're not interested.

Everyone should have access to the sheet, and if all goes well, then the first two columns should be locked since they dictate the priority people originally signed up in.

Cheers,
Owen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8054.JPG (409.2 KB, 285 views)
Old 4th October 2012, 10:32 PM   #1166
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Can't edit the sheet Owen. :-)
Old 4th October 2012, 10:33 PM   #1167
diyAudio Member

I just caught that

It's fixed now...
Old 4th October 2012, 11:07 PM   #1168
diyAudio Member

Owen

It's great news and thanks for all your efforts and offer the match FETs.
Old 5th October 2012, 01:13 AM   #1169
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

nice one! for the record, I actually think Owen is under-charging and hope he doesnt regret it, with his gear it will take him less time than it did me, since I basically had to build my test gear, but there is a basic, yet significant level of time that cannot be avoided no matter what equipment or skills youve got to back you up.
Old 5th October 2012, 01:25 AM   #1170
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
nice one! for the record, I actually think Owen is under-charging and hope he doesnt regret it, with his gear it will take him less time than it did me, since I basically had to build my test gear, but there is a basic, yet significant level of time that cannot be avoided no matter what equipment or skills youve got to back you up.
I might have some free time coming up in the next little bit that requires some mindless activity to fill... otherwise the price would be higher

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I forgot to add a column for everyone to put their destination country in so I'll know how many board to ship to each area. It has now been added.

If you haven't already, please go back and fill in your country!

Thanks to those who have already confirmed. I'll be keeping a close eye on the list, and hopefully the amount of interest matches up with the 56 boards I ordered.

Cheers,
Owen

Hide this!Advertise here!