Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2012, 11:10 PM   #1071
diyAudio Member

Although I have only the BIII, but most of the members have been waiting for so long for the D1, may i suggest to GB the old PCB ASAP and GB the new design for BIII at next stage since it require lot of works.
Old 14th June 2012, 02:06 AM   #1072
diyAudio Member

bigpandahk I think there is some confusion, this run of pcbs has only recently reached critical mass to justify running them.

All that has happened so far is expressed interest and no money has changed hands at all. The timeline for these is run on a schedule that suits opc's commitments and this time he has asked that others distribute on his behalf. I'd take that as indication he has plenty on his plate.

I appreciate that we'd all like these things to move quickly but some respect for opc's quite significant contributions here wouldn't go astray IMO.

Owen has said this will likely be the final run for a long time (possibly ever) I believe. I don't think it suits anyone to do 2 runs of pcbs just to get some out quicker, especially when the size of each batch of pcbs would be reduced.
Old 14th June 2012, 04:14 AM   #1073
diyAudio Member

Hochopeper, thanks for reminding me and agree with your view. I highly appreciate members like Owen, qusp, Ian, Salas, tea-bag, Lorien, yourself and many others, contribute their time and sharing experience in this forum. Otherwise I won't be able to build the BIII with Arduino so fast.

I am willing to do anything that can help the GB. If ordering the PCB is just several emails with the PCB supplier for confirmation of order and payment, may be Owen can PM me the contact, so that I can place the order with reference to previous GB, make payment to the supplier, confirm order and receive payment from members via paypal and post the PCB to them. May be includes the FET if qusp willing to offer them.
Old 14th June 2012, 04:58 AM   #1074
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

thanks for the offer of help, but Owen is the best person to handle the contact with his supplier, it would only take longer to have another person in the chain, he is not just reordering, but making changes and he would certainly not be wanting to send you the gerbers to make the order
Old 14th June 2012, 06:22 AM   #1075
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
thanks for the offer of help, but Owen is the best person to handle the contact with his supplier, it would only take longer to have another person in the chain, he is not just reordering, but making changes and he would certainly not be wanting to send you the gerbers to make the order
Thats fine. How about your potential GB for the case and VFD
Old 14th June 2012, 11:57 AM   #1076
diyAudio Member

yeah well I wanted to get an idea of when this one was going to take off before running that and i've still got a box full of LPUHP that have to go out, theyve been waiting for heatsinks too long and I tyhink will finally give up. after that i'd like a week or 2 where I dont have any responsibilities to anyone elses DIY, just my own
Old 14th June 2012, 01:16 PM   #1077
diyAudio Member

Copper heatsink is not easy to find, if you accept aluminum and made in China, I can try to source for you.
Old 14th June 2012, 01:31 PM   #1078
diyAudio Member

nah not the copper ones, this was supposed to be a barter for a fully CNC custom aircraft grade (T6-6061 billet) enclosure based on our cad model in exchange for all of the parts for a fully upgraded LPUHP kit. for normal heatsinks I can just get from conrad or just use some copper bar stock to interface to the floor, getting heatsinks from OS is not viable due to shipping cost, but thanks for the offer.

i'll probably just run without sinks over winter and reassess it later after i've done some more playing with the combinations of multiamped setups i'm working on and tuned the speakers and digital crossover.
Old 14th June 2012, 01:42 PM   #1079
diyAudio Member

sorry yeah that was for me an hochopeper, the rest of thr group have been waiting for a standard one he designed to suit the amp, but just a sink, not a full CNC enclosure as heatsink
Old 15th June 2012, 10:41 AM   #1080
hirez69 is offline hirez69  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Two for me

]1. cersepn x 1
2. icewall x 2
3. pmchoong x 1
4. qusp x 1 this is tentative mate, but wanted to make sure my name was down
5. regal
6. randytsuch x 1
7. LK x1
8. greyrab x1
9. alexcount x1
10. adelias x1
11. Coolhead x1 + fets
12. Emphrygian x 1
13. tranhieu x 1
14. crazyfrog x 1
15. woresseo x 2
16. Algar_emi x 1
17. ggetzoff x 1
18. syklab x1 + fets
19. Magsy x 1
20. Vitalica x2 + fets
21. Pinnocchio x 1
22. hochopeper x 1
23. neb001 x1 + fets
24. bigpandahk x 2 + fets
25, Jean-Charles X1 +fets
26,iancanada X1 + fets
27. lll X1+fets
28. analog_sa x2 + fets x 2 (shipping to US)
29. savvas + fets
30. lm1no2 x1 + fets
31. trickymicky X 1 + fets
32. Regland x 1
33. flocchini x1
34. hirez69 x2 + fets x 2

Hide this!Advertise here!