A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We have 78 auricaps 10uF.
Since we are more or less 15 people, if 10 of us make an effort and each add 2 caps we can easily go other the 100 bar.
So I am one of us who can add 2 caps.
Is anybody motivated to honor the implication of Qusp ?

Second point, I made an order (radiospare) for the other stuff. I could not buy the ohmite 400R 15W and the trimpots. The trimpots will be easy to find elsewhere but if someone in France buy them, I would be interested in few (4).
I will also have some spare smd component since I bought them in packs. If someone is interested in France I would be glad to send a letter (that should be really cheap).

Am I late ?
yes your late... but not too late :D plus it sounds like we have to add buzzforb, i'll send him a PM.

yes still nobody replies to my suggestion that perhaps somebody could put their hand up for the other parts....

ut would indeed be good to get over the 100 line, but actually now I think of it there was only 97 pieces of one type in stock, so we would have to split it into 2 types of 50 each, so actually let me have a look to see if that would actually make it more complicated for no additional benefit.

i've sent off the final inquiry for the zfoils, theres no price list you see, it totally varies by the exact specification you order, so ive asked for a couple of different tolerances, should hear back tonight at some point I hope, think I was too late for them on friday

Added myself to ZFoil and Keratherm....if possible :)

Thanks

---

ZFoil

Qusp
Pinnocchio
MisterRogers
Rolle
BigPandahk x 2
Reenberg
atom6422
crazikid
flocchini
vitalica
hirez69
lm1no2
Coolhead
ccliu
macfixer
tehrkn
Blitz
Slartibartfasst
Regland
woresseo
Greg Stewart
Emphrygian
Magsy

Capacitors - Auricap XO

Bigpandahk (8)
reenberg
lwif (6)
atom6422 [8]
crazikid (4)
MisterRogers (4)
hirez69 (8)
lm1no2 (4)
Coolhead (4)
ccliu (4)
macfixer
tehrkn (8)
Regland (4)
woresseo (8)
vitalica
Greg Stewart (4)
qusp (4)

running total 66 x 10uf

Capacitors - Vcap CuTF for Bypass

Keratherm

Pinnocchio
bigpandahk x 2
Reenberg
Rolle
hirez69 x 10
lwif
atom6422
crazikid
flocchini
MisterRogers
lm1no2
Coolhead
ccliu
macfixer
tehrkn
kasey197
Blitz
Slartibartfasst
necplusultra
woresseo
Malvin
Greg Stewart
Emphrygian
outriding
Magsy x 2

Enclosure

Pinnocchio
Rolle
crazikid
MisterRogers
ccliu
qusp
woresseo
vitalica
Emphrygian
outriding

ok Audience are getting a little testy because another customer wants some that are earmarked for us, so i'll send off the payment requests when I wake up this afternoon in about 6 hrs just for the caps separately, so last calls guys. I had planned to send off just one email with both sets of details but maybe its more logical this way, since everyone is getting keratherm i'll try and work up that at the same time, it will be with this, or with the zfoils request.

so please make yourselves available to pay asap. thanks I think its only vitalica and perhaps macfixer, but maybe I just havent marked macfixer off. will run through the GB email folder when I get up to sign off on the caps then update the thread.

we do need another 4 or 8 to get over 50 of each so lets try and do that, I will probably get an extra 2 for bypassing salas reg references or for a clock reg i'm planning. the one we can get ll the same is just too much extra, so it will be a mix of the 2, i'm just going to average out the cost per unit since they are pretty close and are no different for our application IMO, perhaps people can choose in the order they pay until one type runs out? seems fair yeah? more details later

Last edited:
ZFoil

Qusp
Pinnocchio
MisterRogers
Rolle
BigPandahk x 2
Reenberg
atom6422
crazikid
flocchini
vitalica
hirez69
lm1no2
Coolhead
ccliu
macfixer
tehrkn
Blitz
Slartibartfasst
Regland
woresseo
Greg Stewart
Emphrygian
Magsy

Capacitors - Auricap XO

Bigpandahk (8)
reenberg
lwif (6)
atom6422 [8]
crazikid (4)
MisterRogers (4)
hirez69 (8)
lm1no2 (4)
Coolhead (4)
ccliu (4)
macfixer
tehrkn (8)
Regland (4)
woresseo (8)
vitalica (8)
Greg Stewart (4)
qusp (4)

running total 74 x 10uf

Keratherm

Pinnocchio
bigpandahk x 2
Reenberg
Rolle
hirez69 x 10
lwif
atom6422
crazikid
flocchini
MisterRogers
lm1no2
Coolhead
ccliu
macfixer
tehrkn
kasey197
Blitz
Slartibartfasst
necplusultra
woresseo
Malvin
Greg Stewart
Emphrygian
outriding
Magsy x 2

Enclosure

Pinnocchio
Rolle
crazikid
MisterRogers
ccliu
qusp
woresseo
vitalica
Emphrygian
outriding

ZFoil

Qusp
Pinnocchio
MisterRogers
Rolle
BigPandahk x 2
Reenberg
atom6422
crazikid
flocchini
vitalica
hirez69
lm1no2
Coolhead
ccliu
macfixer
tehrkn
Blitz
Slartibartfasst
Regland
woresseo
Greg Stewart
Emphrygian
Magsy
Buzzforb

Capacitors - Auricap XO

Bigpandahk (8)
reenberg
lwif (6)
atom6422 [8]
crazikid (4)
MisterRogers (4)
hirez69 (8)
lm1no2 (4)
Coolhead (4)
ccliu (4)
macfixer
tehrkn (8)
Regland (4)
woresseo (8)
vitalica (8)
Greg Stewart (4)
qusp (4)
Buzzforb(?)

running total 74 x 10uf

Keratherm

Pinnocchio
bigpandahk x 2
Reenberg
Rolle
hirez69 x 10
lwif
atom6422
crazikid
flocchini
MisterRogers
lm1no2
Coolhead
ccliu
macfixer
tehrkn
kasey197
Blitz
Slartibartfasst
necplusultra
woresseo
Malvin
Greg Stewart
Emphrygian
outriding
Magsy x 2
Buzzforb(?)

Enclosure

Pinnocchio
Rolle
crazikid
MisterRogers
ccliu
qusp
woresseo
vitalica
Emphrygian
outriding

Second point, I made an order (radiospare) for the other stuff. I could not buy the ohmite 400R 15W and the trimpots. The trimpots will be easy to find elsewhere but if someone in France buy them, I would be interested in few (4).
I will also have some spare smd component since I bought them in packs. If someone is interested in France I would be glad to send a letter (that should be really cheap).

I bought the 400R and 200R resistors for the NTD1 earlier in the year when I was ordering some other parts from Mouser (most of the other parts worked out cheaper at digikey for me at the time and I didn't order them before changing my mind on building a ES9018 dac). If anyone wants them let me know. I will not sell them to anyone who subsequently drops out of the zfoil GB as I do not want to disrupt those proceedings that are already underway, qusp has more than enough work on his hands there.

They are Mouser part number 684-MP930-200 and 588-TN15P400RFE. I have 4 of each resistor.

PM me if interested.

ZFoil

Qusp (x 1)
Pinnocchio (x 1)
MisterRogers (x 1)
Rolle (x 1)
BigPandahk (x 2)
Reenberg (x 1)
atom6422 (x 2)
crazikid (x 1)
flocchini (x 1)
vitalica (? ) will send you the renewed price and see
hirez69 ( x 2 maybe)
lm1no2 (1)
Coolhead (1)
ccliu (1)
macfixer (1)
tehrkn (2)
Blitz (no reply)
Slartibartfasst (no reply)
Regland (1)
woresseo (1)
Greg Stewart (1)
Emphrygian (1)
Magsy (?)
Buzzforb (?) (didnt want to say yes just yet for you)

Capacitors - Auricap XO

Bigpandahk (8)
reenberg (4)
lwif (6)
atom6422 (8) (paid)
crazikid (4)
MisterRogers (4)
hirez69 (8)
lm1no2 (4)
Coolhead (4)
ccliu (4)
macfixer (4)
tehrkn (8)
Regland (4)
woresseo (4)
vitalica (8)
Greg Stewart (4)
qusp (6)
Buzzforb(4)

running total 96 with me grabbing a couple extra

big fat ZERO, I must be the only one mad enough

Keratherm

Pinnocchio
bigpandahk x 2
Reenberg
Rolle
hirez69 x 10
lwif
atom6422
crazikid
flocchini
MisterRogers
lm1no2
Coolhead
ccliu
macfixer
tehrkn
kasey197
Blitz
Slartibartfasst
necplusultra
woresseo
Malvin
Greg Stewart
Emphrygian
outriding
Magsy x 2
Buzzforb(?)

Enclosure

Pinnocchio
Rolle
crazikid
MisterRogers
ccliu
qusp
woresseo
vitalica
Emphrygian
outriding

so that i'll send out, caps is all arranged and locked in, priced as mentioned in the email plus $3 for each order to cover shipping, provided weve made the 50 of each value (or rather 100 total), which I cant see not happening. So we will have a mix of radial and axial leaded 10uf, no changes, i'll send out payment requests tonight, I just went through painfully double checking everything up against the emails and list here.

haha actually I just got invoiced, OK boys =)

,so sitting on running total of 96, but ive been billed for 100, so piccocchio or someone or others want to grab a couple each for other things? i'll use one on a clock regulator and another on a salas reg. ive already put myself down for 2 extra, I may hear from a friend not in the GB and he may want some, but just keep that in mind.

i've also received the info back re the Zfoils just as I was going to send out the caps payment request separately and its a bit better than expected, so i'll just do it this afternoon for both. or maybe i'll send out a quick one for the caps before bed in a moment since thats on a tighter schedule.

Last edited:
Qusp it seems in the last GB list that I'm in for 2x zFoils and 2xCaps while I'm actually in for 1 set (got 1 pcb after all). Don't know when in the course of the thread I got an extra set counted on me.

ahh I probably made that mistake just now :eek:, i'll see if i've got enough time to edit, sorry about that, I think ive got the rest right, but if you guys can double check that would be great. sooo looks like we need to come up with another 4 caps to meet the target, so 8 total

nope edit option is gone, but i'll make a note of it, I dont feel like reposting just to fix that as it takes up so much of the page, i'll make the change next time.

i'm not using the PCB list which is why I asked people to tell me how many PCBs they are shopping for, some may have 2 PCBs but only stuffing one, some may have only one but getting some spare parts. I mustve just mixed you with another email I had open, this is getting a bit epic.

Last edited:
Not to be annoying, but what ahppens at 100?

we get the price ive been quoting haha, what it means is we meet the 50 piece price for each part, which is what ive been using to base pricing on. I could get 100 piece pricing if we were willing to wait 6 weeks, but as is I have to buy from what they have in stock and they dont count 100 pieces of 2 different types as 100 pieces, I got them to give me 50 piece price on all while getting 49/51 and that was cool. its a bit annoying since if they had 100 in stock I would buy 100 of one type, I tried to get that over the line with many hints, but to no avail.

Its not unusual in my experience, otherwise people would order 100 pieces with like 20 different values and want bulk pricing on them all.

sorry this was explained in the email you didnt get because you joined late. I thought I filled you in.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.