A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay, I've been waiting for the list to be filled out, and the mosfets were sitting in customs for a little while which further delayed things, but they are now here and matching has commenced!

I have also cleaned up the list, removed anyone I haven't heard from and bumped up everyone on the wait list to the main list. All boards are now spoken for, and I'll be sending out payment requests this evening to everyone on the list. The final iteration of the list can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMLwB9mdXl2dFh4dzdTM2V0cjlzNEhueklKd1hlbHc&pli=1#gid=0

Because adoption of the mosfets is so prevalent, I will be waiting until matching is done to send the main packages out to the local distributors. I will send all the matched fets and all the boards in one shipment as it will avoid posting twice and paying twice.

Please keep an eye our for the payment requests, and expect boards and mosfets to ship out by the end of this coming week.

Cheers,
Owen

hmm look i'm not really very happy about customising shipping for everyone TBH, it makes it far more work and believe me it adds to the cost from AU, while airmail is quite reasonable. we'll see how it pans out. registered might be doable, but I still dont like the idea of customised shipping. I can do all the paperwork for airmail at home and its less time, I cannot bring registered mail or express labels home and have to do all the paperwork at the post office

hmm look i'm not really very happy about customising shipping for everyone TBH, it makes it far more work and believe me it adds to the cost from AU, while airmail is quite reasonable. we'll see how it pans out. registered might be doable, but I still dont like the idea of customised shipping. I can do all the paperwork for airmail at home and its less time, I cannot bring registered mail or express labels home and have to do all the paperwork at the post office

I agree that a fix shipping cost is convenient to all of us.

thanks, yes I agree, it will vary a little but it looks like airmail to any Asian location will be around $7.50-8AUD (+paypal fees) for 1 board + fets including the cost of a padded envelope and snaplock bags, or just over $10.50-11AUD for 2 boards + 2 sets fets, maybe a touch less on the double orders. i'll confirm once I have one packed up and weighed. I might see if I can find some silica gel sachets if they arent too much and let you know what that would add.

You see I can send as a letter with airmail when its thin like this, even though its not documents and that keeps the cost down, but as soon as you change to registered mail or express they have a set fee for 0-250gm you dont pay any less for 10gm than 249gm and this comes up to ~57AUD, registered is ~22-25 but a whole lot more pain for me.

I use airmail all the time for work and the only losses (3 out of thousands over the last 5 years) have been to parts of the Eastern Block EU, Brazil and one to Canada... it takes a little while, to asia normally ~1.5-2 weeks, but registered is no quicker and doesnt come with tracking. but really at this stage is there anyone that will die if it takes 1.5-2 weeks instead of 5 days?

still noone has put their hand up for doing distribution in EU? theres a lot of EU orders this time around, but I understand nobody has contacted Owen about helping.

I made a couple of suggestions for long time members I knew to be reliable in EU, so maybe thats been sorted and just not reflected on the list

Last edited:

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Great pace on the payments! I've already got 23/47 people paid which is excellent!

I've updated the list with an X in the payment column for everyone who has paid to date. Once again, thanks for the quick response on this.

One thing I should have added to the payment request email which I completely forgot:

PLEASE MAKE PAYMENTS IN CANADIAN DOLLARS!!!!!

For those who have already paid, no worries if it was in US as I forgot to instruct otherwise. Those paying from now on though, please use CAD dollars.

I will also add a note to this effect in the spreadsheet.

Cheers,
Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.