A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Not quite yet... they're still in "plating" according to the online order tracker.

They're scheduled to ship out tomorrow, so I should be getting them Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. I have all the parts I need to build one up, so I should be ready to accept payments by the end of this upcoming weekend.

Cheers,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

The boards have landed! There's a picture below...

They look excellent, and I'm actually looking forward to building up the first one this weekend.

So, based on the above, I'm going to start sending out payment requests for the boards this weekend when I get some free time. It's thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, so things are a little busy, but I'll see if I can't get them all done on Saturday.

As for the mosfets, I'll float two options:

1. If enough people are interested I'll offer up fully matched quads for $30
2. If people would rather, I'll offer up just normal the fets for $10 per quad

Option 1 means a whole lot of work, which is why each quad costs $30. I don't mind charging for my time when it's benign laborious stuff like matching. the second one is a little above single unit cost to cover shipping, taxes etc...but they're basically at cost.

If enough people are interested, then I'll go through the pain of ordering a few hundred and matching them. If people are not interested, then I'll just offer up unmatched parts as per above, or none at all.

So... There's a public Google spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMLwB9mdXl2dFh4dzdTM2V0cjlzNEhueklKd1hlbHc

Can I ask that everyone on the list please go to the above link, put an X in the "Confirm Here" column if you are happy with your order and intend to pay before the end of next week.

Also, please add if you're interested in a matched quad of fets, an unmatched quad of fets, or just leave these blank if you're not interested.

Everyone should have access to the sheet, and if all goes well, then the first two columns should be locked since they dictate the priority people originally signed up in.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• IMG_8054.JPG
    IMG_8054.JPG
    409.2 KB · Views: 370
nice one! for the record, I actually think Owen is under-charging and hope he doesnt regret it, with his gear it will take him less time than it did me, since I basically had to build my test gear, but there is a basic, yet significant level of time that cannot be avoided no matter what equipment or skills youve got to back you up.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
nice one! for the record, I actually think Owen is under-charging and hope he doesnt regret it, with his gear it will take him less time than it did me, since I basically had to build my test gear, but there is a basic, yet significant level of time that cannot be avoided no matter what equipment or skills youve got to back you up.

I might have some free time coming up in the next little bit that requires some mindless activity to fill... otherwise the price would be higher :)

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I forgot to add a column for everyone to put their destination country in so I'll know how many board to ship to each area. It has now been added.

If you haven't already, please go back and fill in your country!

Thanks to those who have already confirmed. I'll be keeping a close eye on the list, and hopefully the amount of interest matches up with the 56 boards I ordered.

Cheers,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Macfixer,

I've added a "Wait List" at the bottom of the normal spreadsheet and added your name.

To be honest, I think everyone here wants to get this done sooner rather than later, so if I don't get a confirmation within a week, then I'll start allotting boards to people on the wait list.

I can almost guarantee that there will be a few people who will no longer be interested on the list now.

The problem is, there was interest in 67 boards when the GB was closed, and I was only able to get 56 boards, so there is already a "wait list" built into the original list.

Just the same though, it could happen :)

If anyone else wants on the wait list, please add your name and the number of boards you want at the bottom:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMLwB9mdXl2dFh4dzdTM2V0cjlzNEhueklKd1hlbHc#gid=0

Cheers,
Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.