WM8741 Eval Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys

I've recently managed to 'finangle' a free evaluation board from Wolfson (WM8741) - I've been told it will arrive in the post tomorrow :D

I am going to need some help putting this into a fully working DAC - simply because my DIY electronics skills aren't as good as my 'finangling' skills.

SO - can anyone point me in the direction on the following

- A schematic for a power supply and how I connect this up?
- A method of getting the audio out (RCA) on my CD Player and into the SPDIF input on the DAC?

Thanks all

Chris

1. You can buy little adjustable regulator boards on ebay that do the trick

2. Also, you can use a computer power supply, I think the Wolfson's PSRR is good enough for a noisy PC power supply.

3. Also, standard 3 and 5 volt wall warts will work as well

none of those are super-noiseless, but they will work.

As the board employs it's own regulator circuits I don't think building a complicated high quality PS would benefit it at all. You could use 7812/7912s or 317/337s to build a pretty robust unit, or pick more exotic units to use and just use the recommendations in the device data sheets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.