DSP Board Completed (DSP56371) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 08:11 PM   #11
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritosine View Post
I tought you just sent him to develop DDS clock generation, now I see the destination goes straight into jitter-hell.
I didn't know you did comedy. Thanks for that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 08:31 PM   #12
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Perhaps you want to tell Hypex about their butchering practices by using an ASRC ?

Last edited by tritosine; 3rd October 2009 at 08:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:25 PM   #13
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritosine View Post
Perhaps you want to tell Hypex about their butchering practices by using an ASRC ?
Why ? If I had a product to sell and a price point to meet I might do the same.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:25 PM   #14
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
ok Yoshy, I suppose you do want realtime operation, so thats your choice, use an asrc and save a lot of time and effort, and admit how useful is a fix sample rate, - Or go the other way and stay in the sacred circle of bit-perfectness whether the opposite means butchering or not really . I would do the ASRC and crossover combo anyway, just like Hypex . Whether IIR or FIR now thats another debate, it really depends on what you want, and there are some tricks you can play with FIR, and you goin to hate it for subwoofer usage, so, IIR is better allround.

Last edited by tritosine; 3rd October 2009 at 11:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 02:20 AM   #15
Yoshy is offline Yoshy  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritosine View Post
ok Yoshy, I suppose you do want realtime operation, so thats your choice, use an asrc and save a lot of time and effort, and admit how useful is a fix sample rate, - Or go the other way and stay in the sacred circle of bit-perfectness whether the opposite means butchering or not really . I would do the ASRC and crossover combo anyway, just like Hypex . Whether IIR or FIR now thats another debate, it really depends on what you want, and there are some tricks you can play with FIR, and you goin to hate it for subwoofer usage, so, IIR is better allround.
Except, this DSP will probably never run a crossover and if it were to I'd go with IIR. This DSP is simply for simple effects, volume control and eq. I wouldn't use an ASRC - I'd just use the same sampling frequency everywhere; it's much more simpler.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 03:03 AM   #16
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I'd think you need the last drop of DNR to have good digital volume control. ASRC can throw jitter out (that means DNR), your dsp can't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 06:22 AM   #17
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshy View Post
Except, this DSP will probably never run a crossover and if it were to I'd go with IIR. This DSP is simply for simple effects, volume control and eq. I wouldn't use an ASRC - I'd just use the same sampling frequency everywhere; it's much more simpler.
Have had a look at the AD and Freescale application notes on eq and effects ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 02:35 PM   #18
Yoshy is offline Yoshy  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbrw View Post
Have had a look at the AD and Freescale application notes on eq and effects ?
I look at some, I don't know if we're talking about the same ones. The ones I looked at targeted the whole 56k series. I have one here that uses the Motorola name, it's called "Digital Stereo 10-band graphic equalizer using the DSP56001" seems to be named APR2/D. I seem to have a more recent one called "Implementing a 10-Band Stereo Equalizer on the DSP56311 EVM Board"; there's a section in it on how to setup your NT4.0 development environment - funny stuff.

Last edited by Yoshy; 4th October 2009 at 02:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 03:50 PM   #19
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshy View Post
I look at some, I don't know if we're talking about the same ones. The ones I looked at targeted the whole 56k series. I have one here that uses the Motorola name, it's called "Digital Stereo 10-band graphic equalizer using the DSP56001" seems to be named APR2/D. I seem to have a more recent one called "Implementing a 10-Band Stereo Equalizer on the DSP56311 EVM Board"; there's a section in it on how to setup your NT4.0 development environment - funny stuff.
AN2110 and APR2 were the Freescale notes I was referring to along with another one for a Spectrum Analyser, though being for the 68HC16, it was of more use for its theory of operation.
AD also have tutorial that covers audio effects TN21065.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 03:57 PM   #20
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I used to see useful tidbits here, notice "56k" :
http://www.dspguru.com/comp.dsp/tricks/alg/dc_block.htm
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sure Electronics New Tripath Board 4*100W class-D Amplifier Board 7788q Class D 338 9th September 2014 10:11 AM
My Cambridge 500SE, needs an output board (to replace internal DAC Board) slbender Digital Source 0 15th May 2008 01:36 AM
Fs:ad1865n-k Non Over Sampling Dac Completed Board rubydac Swap Meet 7 15th February 2008 04:25 PM
Looking for the Motorola DSP56371 electric scheme denislcp Digital Source 1 4th February 2007 08:02 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2