I2S from a PC, Firewire or ethernet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
we had these arguments already! And it was a funny event.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...1704-newer-chips.html?perpage=50&pagenumber=4

Think about it, if these upsampling variants would make sense , they would use it in software already for a long time !
- no they don't . This is not included in the Shannon theorem.

Transient detection was the marketing phrase of the 90's.
still way better than the "ringing" stuff of 00's...

Last edited:
5845 works good(real measurements and sound quality) but its very difficult machine (for software realizatio too, people try).
Shannon nothing to do with this, its problem of long ACF, signal envelope dist etc (...filtering problems... analog&digital...)
HDCD works and sound in HF very good
just listen and compare (except the naked theory, because we make devices to listen music;))

link not intresting, mix of all together
slow roloff for 44.1 is idiotism)

In my world, most of the best engineers are working on mpeg encoders instead of digital audio, and hi-end is full of baloney like, 192k.

Dont forget what microsoft did to Pacific microsonics, made an mpeg team, he-he.
baloney :p

The real test would be that someone sends me some 192k file, I send it back as 44.1 ,96k (or 44.1-96k resampled back to 192k ...once size matters...) . And if you hear the difference you won candy. But you wont .

Maybe if you cannot hear the difference, you should find a different hobby and stop with the retoric. I have good ears... I can hear 22000Hz... I can sense 60000Hz with that thing called perception or instinct in the animal world. My mind perceives a difference when the colour of the chassis ischanged. When will people understand that we all are human. Race is not an issue, nor is sex. In every simple and selfish persons mind they wonder why the others don't understand, hear, see, perceive what they themselves do. Thus ending in a debate over what is real. perceived and placebo.

Ideas for the skeptics to ponder. My friend has bad hearing and cannot hear the difference between my F5 amp and his garbage receiver. He can't hear the difference between my HD650 Sennheisers and his gaming cans. Does that make me crazy that I can? Does it make him a moron for saying so? I think not! I do however beleive that if we continued to listen solely to the "educated ignorant," we would still believe that the world was flat and that all men are created equal. All men may deserve equal treatment, but are not equal. For example... A 200kg fat man might say that walking a kilometre may be life threatining... Would a 20yr old man who trained for the olympics feel the same? If I prefer spicy food, does that mean you must? If you think you own all of the facts on this world, must I believe? I have a better idea... STFU and keep on topic!@

Can anyone tell me how to cheaply transmit the 192Khz "useless signal" to my PC from my DAC? If you want to argue the merits of abstaining, this is not the thread... If you want to share your recipe for tirimasu, this is not the thread... If you want to aid me in getting higher rez clean from my PC, please offer your advice. Otherwise, talk to yourself in front of a F-in mirror for attention and stop railroading threads for you own amusement! If I wanted to know how to shut up the old men that have hearing loss, please offer that advice as I am sure that many here would love some proper help and not debate the merits of it. If this is not what I was asking for I would have named the thread, "Please pipe in and tell me I am crazy because my hearing is better than yours!" Another would be, "I have a question, but please don't answer because I really want to waste seven MORE pages of this thread on your PRIDE. If I asked if one was able to build a muffler for my ears to filter out your opinion, you would be offended would you not? If I want to know what I cannot do, I ask myself! We are all different... And thank God for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, If we were not skeptics we would all be satisfied with consumer products and would not be on DIYAUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have good ears... I can hear 22000Hz... I can sense 60000Hz with that thing called perception or instinct in the animal world.
not hard to live with you "perception" near devices with pulse PSU and their HF whistle(40-150kHz) (computers, lamp etc)? You do not feel tired?
My mind perceives a difference when the colour of the chassis ischanged.
yes yes, chassis colour is very important for sound quality

:D:spin::D
to my PC from my DAC?
you need ADC, but why all this...

We ' re on good terms with Nazar_lv by the way, maybe some of our talk won't make it to public domain here from now on.
yes, the board technical level is low and our discussion is not intresting to ordinary people, lets come to PM if you have questions

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.