I2S from a PC, Firewire or ethernet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They dont process 192k in studio, nowhere as of yet, not makes not much sense actually.
Theres an ethernet solution its called squeezebox. They have modding guides and topics dedicated to it.

Your posts on this subject has:bulb: a very narrow persepective. There is quite a lot of 176.4/192k music and they sound much better than redbook.

Please educate yourself prior to making pronouncements.

I actually started adopting hirez five years ago.:bulb::bulb::bulb:

Using desktop PC with 40cm wires for i2s? Thats a joke or something? I made a hole in my wall , even my wall is wider than 40cm.
use RS485, LVDS and others

They dont process 192k in studio, nowhere as of yet, not makes not much sense actually.
in studio moustly 96, but 192 and 352.8 also use

The best converters in the industry, Lavry, EMM Labs, have no 192kc!
do not talk about that you know very badly ;)

Last edited:
1.use RS485, LVDS and others

2.in studio moustly 96, but 192 and 352.8 also use

3.do not talk about that you know very badly ;)

1. here, no one is interested in LVDS . All they do is i2s "tap" . There was an LVDS thread back in 2002 tho, they dont care about it. Its not part of the hype . Besides, for stereo, its overkill?

2. 352.8 = dxd? Funny...

3. Honestly, I think I have better sources than you

Ha-ha-ha .

The best converters in the industry, Lavry, EMM Labs, have no 192kc! ...Sorry to burst your bubble.

As I said, you need to broaden your knowledge and horizon. There are many 'best' dacs including dCS which I have used for many years. Do a search and you will find issues with the Lavry. EMM does 96k also.

You need to stop talking abut things you know little about and pose them as facts.:bulb::bulb::bulb:

As I said, you need to broaden your knowledge and horizon. There are many 'best' dacs including dCS which I have used for many years. Do a search and you will find issues with the Lavry. EMM does 96k also.

You need to stop talking abut things you know little about and pose them as facts.:bulb::bulb::bulb:

Hi-Hi-Hi.

Do dCS have state of art decimation too ? :spin:
Checked the LAST DAY, EMM Labs had no 192k .
Meridian advises for 64khz carrier format! -Just like Lavry!
Too bad you re knee-deep in the audio related folklore over there at audio asylum, and its a lucky thing that the studio guys (who do the actual work) , read articles like this:
Daniel Weiss interview [07.11.2006] - Gearslutz.com
Want to talk about dCS 's market share in pro audio circles? While you speculate over the 0.000x degree I can tell you that no one with a half brain going to process 192/24 files, because its computationally is a suicide.

Last edited:
for very very good acoustic records 16bit 88.2/96khz ADC is enough in proper hands :)

very funny:(

ofcourse its enough. Meridian has a very good reason to support 64khz, too .
24/192 is useless in every form, be it container, or recording format, anyhow.

If fmak has dCS hardware and listens 192k, all hes goin to gain is bypassing that nice dCS upsampling algorithm , sorta shooting yourself in the foot :shutup: wHyyy would you do that :spin:

Give me studio 44.1 over garage 192k any day.

66.15Khz is not enough, it is highly recommended to do it not less than 88.2Khz.
PCM sound has no basically audible transparency, better 192 with monotonic filter, 1bit is only transparent, but no one will alter under him the whole industry

now that's a bit difficult to read. So you say that these 4-5-6bit ,128xOS AD converter chips, should only decimate to 192k ? Why? You know a better decimation algo in PC than the "chip way" of doing 192-> 96?

Tell us about your 192->96 algorithm thats more important than the analog issues!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.