Anybody using the new ESS Vout DAC (ES9022)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Patrick,
I'm also very interested in parts for the output stage.
I like very much my ES9023 Dac but at the moment is more precise but a bit more agressive that my AD1865.
Ciao
Guglielmo

Attachments

• MSD ES9023.jpg
    MSD ES9023.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 749
  • MSD ES9023a.jpg
    MSD ES9023a.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 731
Amongst all other things we have to do, 2 of my team are off for Chinese New Year for 3 weeks.
The inductor I found is only available from Mouser and it is on a 5-week delivery.
We still need to make PCB layout, order proto boards, match SOT23 SMD JFETs, ....

So even if I only do this and nothing else, we are talking realistically March / April.
And I am sure you also want us to test and optimise before letting you have it....

So patience. I got the message that there is enough interest.

But very glad to know that more and more finally got the message about the 9022 / 9023. ;)

Patrick

Last edited:
To be honest, I actually consider selling my main Sabre9018-based DAC and keeping your 9022 as my main source - at least until things settle down and we see more options in the "reference 9018 DIY DAC" arena..
My main setup is balanced end to end so I'll have to temporarily use some CineMag transformers I have laying around for SE-BAL conversion.

This are the 24mH coils that Sowter makes for me. They are wound on a Mumetall core for low distortion. I use them in an inductive RIAA i designed for a German High End company.
Such coils are used in expensive mixing boards and tube equalizers so they have some audio credibility. I will make a filter-buffer board and test this with the EUVL ES9022.
Then i have something to compare with the Faston coils when they arrive.
The resistor to ground before the buffer has to be raised in value in proportion to the higher coil value.

Attachments

• JG Sowter 24mH.jpg
    JG Sowter 24mH.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 760
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.