Tda1541 R1??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HeadSh0T said:
I just got some of these in the mail. Does anybody know how these differ from plain vanilla TDA1541A ??

Hi Headshot,
Go to:
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/
Then search for TDA1541
Then click on DIGITAL (second line of found items)
The PDF-file contains specs of all versions of the TDA1541.
A or R1 is the lowest grade.
Hope this helps.;)

Reactions: 1 user
What about Tda1541a with S1 but without the crown? I believe mine is a remarked Tda1541a. What i mean is fake Tda1541a-S1.
What i saw on the net is that all Tda1541a-S1 is with a crown on it but not mine. Some body might have remark this i guess.
Anybody have the same tda1541a like mine?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Just reread what you wrote and I mistakenly read TDA1541A-R1. Probably because you asked what the differences are with plain vanilla TDA1541A. The R1 of the latter is slightly better and the best are S1 and the very rare S2. I gave up hope finding a S2. Seems like Mr. Zanden has them all ;)

I did not even know of TDA1541 R1, but since it's without the A it is practically useless. TDA1541A is a "bugfixed" version of the chip because there were problems with TDA1541. TDA1541A sounds a lot better too.

You should know that these TDA1541 only work with SAA7220PA.

TDA1541A only works with SAA7220PB.

This counts only if you want to use them in a cdplayer with 4 x Fs.

The rebadging of these chips is new to me but some people do anything to make money. Real TDA1541A-S1 are branded with the Philips logo on the left, a crown right-under and S1 on the right upper side. Mine are coded with TDA1541A, in the second line: 11113 and in the third line HSH8910 2. The printing of S1 and the crown are in a slightly different white. There is no text underneath the chip.

TDA1541A vs TDA1541A-R1

jean-paul said:
Rudolf, please see:

In degrading order :

TDA1541A-S2
TDA1541A-S1
TDA1541A-R1
TDA1541A
TDA1541

This note is found in the TDA1541A product specifications:
Selections have been made with respect to the max. diff. linearity error:
TDA1541A bit 1-16 Edl < 1 LSB

TDA1541A-R1 bit 1-16 Edl < 2 LSB

TDA1541-S1 bit 1-7 Edl < 0.5 LSB
bit 8-15 Edl < 1.0 LSB
bit 16 Edl < 0.75
I wonder why the R1 is better than the plain A version for THD+N?

schnitzer

You should know that these TDA1541 only work with SAA7220PA.

This is nonsense :eek: :att'n:

TDA1541A versions will work on either SAA7220A or B

TDA1541 version needs pin 4 to be connected (internal reclocker).
It really depends on implementation of a cd player if pin 4 of TDA1541(A) is connected to BCK for example or not.

I've stated this all before in previous posts, I won't bother anymore. :goodbad:

It's funny seeing how some keep persisting and developing these myths and misconceptions.
:mafioso:

The biggest improvement to any TDA1541 is removing that opamp based I/V and adding DEM reclocking.

IMHO it sounds better than the TDA1543 WITH resistors as I/V.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
rbroer said:

It's funny seeing how some keep persisting and developing these myths and misconceptions.

If you say so I believe it, Rudolf. The information I have was told to me by various people that used TDA1541/A long before the hype. Even the people I bought my TDA's from gave the same info. This includes info from known audio people. It has become a self-fulfilling prophecy this way.

So I guess it is again not wise to believe everything people say. Recently I heard again from a DIYer that in his cdplayer TDA1541A did not want to cooperate with SAA7220PA. Your explanation about pin 4 says it all. Nevertheless documentation is scarce about TDA1541/A + SAA7220PA/PB, maybe that is one of the reasons that myths and misconceptions are created :confused:

I am very sorry I too kept persisting this myth especially since I like facts not fiction. Hopefully I am not one of the :mafioso: group for doing so ;) My apologies to anyone that was misled by this information.

That it sounds better than TDA1543 is a real fact I experienced myself various times, just like A-S1 sounds better than A-only. Till now I only used the A or A-S1 version for DIY and if I see an examples of TDA1541/SAA7220PA in a device I always replace them for the better combo from my slowly but steady diminishing stock. Differences between either A versions and TDA1541 are quite big as you stated too.

rbroer said:

TDA1541 version needs pin 4 to be connected (internal reclocker).
It really depends on implementation of a cd player if pin 4 of TDA1541(A) is connected to BCK for example or not.

I've stated this all before in previous posts, I won't bother anymore. :goodbad:

The biggest improvement to any TDA1541 is removing that opamp based I/V and adding DEM reclocking.

Hi, can you please tell me which opamp to remove and where to find it? What is DEM reclocking and how do I do this?
I am new to all this, having purchase a Marantz CD273 with 1541 chip in it. It has 2 LM833N opamp. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.