TAS3208 DSP test board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the TAS3208 audio DSP chips and the software to program them. So now im making a test board to play around with them. :smash:

So now there is a choise of ADCs , DACs, SPDIF etc

For the ADC i was thinking the PCM1808 ADC and for the DAC an PCM1798. As for SPDIF i am looking at the DIR9001

Anybody have any good/bad experience with the chips or any tips on things to watch out for.

As for controlling the DSP and loading it with the program im thinking of a PIC16F88 or similar

Il draw a schematic of the thing when i know what i want to use

I have finished the schematic drawing for the board.

The analog ports of the chip are routed to pin headers for various connection.

As for the digital audio pins they are routed on to "sockets" of headers to accommodate tiny boards congaing a DAC or ADC. There is also a socket for a EEPROM that stores the DSP program.

The board can actually be used as a crossover or something as it can work standalone from a single 3.3V supply

So do you guys see anything done wrong or in need of improvement ?

Attachments

• untitled.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 233
Well the control connector basically gives access to the I2C port on the DSP and to the I2C EEPROM for loading a new program. I plan to connect that to a simple PIC16F and connect that to PC with RS232 so i can pass I2C commands and program the EEPROM from there. The DSP can run without anything on that connector as the DSP reads from the EEPROM by it self after power on. But you cant change any settings during runtime.

In all I2C commands are very simple.Each setting for a function block can be assigned a I2C address so simply send a I2C write command to that address.(For example the volume slider of an attenuation block or slider of a EQ etc)

In the final application it will be connected to a dsPIC30F and have the ADCs and DACs on the same board rather than on sockets.It will also get digital pots for volume control.

This is my first try at making in in to a PCB.

Attachments

• new-3.png
    new-3.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 316
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.