USB DAC for headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm designing myself (well compiling from other people's designs) A USB headphone amplifier.

Hopefully the attached schematic for the digital end should all be fine (simply taken from both datasheets typical application diagram and joined together) however I have some brief questions.

For the PCM1794 it reccomends LT1028 opamps for the final stage of I/V 'because its input noise is low'. At £10 a pop though I was wondering if it'd be okay to swap in an opamp such as the AD8066. This is the opamp I'll be using for the analogue section.

Seccondly the PCM2706 outputs a 256FS SCK which is fine to input into the PCM1794 as is, however would it be worth sticking some sort of jitter removal chip in the middle? I was thinking along the lines of the PLL1705. I'd rather use this only if it will give a perceptable improvement however.

This is my first Digital project so I may have got some things completely wrong. Feel free to correct me and suggest improvements

Attachments

• dac.gif
    dac.gif
    61.7 KB · Views: 170
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.