cs8414 & wm8740 dac (one dac chip)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
schematic of the tube stage..... :D

Attachments

• dac_tube stage rev01.jpg
    dac_tube stage rev01.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 438
sparkle said:
Kurt - thnx for the reply :D

o.k. i can cut down the frequenca range (down to 20 or 30kHz) using LPF but i would not like to have one opamp more.. it is enough that i have one in I/V conversion inside the chip... :( :D
heheheh
o.k.... do You think LPF on the output of the dac (before the tube stage) should be o.k.???
The DAC chip does not necessarely include an op-amp just bcause it is a U out DAC chip.
I think the WM8740 might feature a switched capacitor anti aliasing filter, which natviely makes it a U out chip. So you can find u out chips both with internal I/V conversion devices, and i.e CS4398 which is a u out chip without any I/V conversion.

WM8740 not need any LPF

You definately need to post filter the output from the WM8740.
It is a very noisy DAC, and on top of that, it performs better with post filtering. Wolfson Micro recommends a lowish 20 KHz LPF for the device, to meet their standards.
Maybe, but I had to remove all the filtering capacitors from LPF at the output of WM8740 to get a proper sound.
OPA2132 works very very fine without LPF capacitors, creating unbalanced signal to discrete headphone amp which also hasn't got any LPF filter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.