Switcher/Selector for jumpers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I have a need for a selector switch for my dac I am building. I must select the source (USB, coax, optical) by changing jumper configurations manually.

Anyone know of a passive product that effectively terminates different combinations of jumper configurations? I am only looking for a simple selector of excellent quality.

Attached is a simple diagram of what I am working with.

The combinations are as follows (setting - pin combination):
1 - 5:3 and 6:4
2 - 5:3 and 4:2
3 - 3:1 and 4:2

I hope I have provided sufficient information. If not let me know.
Thanks in advance,
MV

Attachments

• jumper2.jpg
    jumper2.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 114
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
How about telecoms relays mounted as close as possible to the points required.
Two relays and just rig up a simple switch arrangement using a 3 way single pole switch.
You can make it as simple or complex as you like. Or use solid state switching with appropriate choice of IC's.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 104
For a first step I would try to use two two-state switches (on-on). Those have three poles. Connect the center pole of the first one to 3, one pole to the 1 and one pole to 5, so you could switch between 1:3 and 3:5. At the other switch you connect the center pole to 4 and the other ones to 2 and 6, so you can switch between 2:4 and 4:6.

This way you get two switches with 4 combinations, one of those combinations is not valid.

There could be a solution with a rotary switch with (at least) three positions and two poles too:

connect one pole to 3 and the other to 4. For the first position, connect the first connector of the first pole to 5 and the corresponding connector of the second pole to 6, for the second position go to 5 and 3, for the third to 1 and 2.

That would work I think.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.