ackoDAC based on ES9018

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Acko,

I am finally done with what I wanted to accomplish a long time ago - a digital crossover with 4 channels. As you know I had a lots of ups and downs, and at the time gave up on idea and ended up with just single DAC. I came back to the original idea, worked very hard and ended up with a great success. Thank you very much for your support. Here is the link for my project with pictures describing the build. DACs used are Acko's ESS9012 boards and Acko's Turbo clock driving everything in a sync mode.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/186848-babelfishing-mighty-ar2.html#post4515874

Thank you very much for all your support and making these awesome products available for DIY community.

AR2

Hi Acko,

I am finally done with what I wanted to accomplish a long time ago - a digital crossover with 4 channels. As you know I had a lots of ups and downs, and at the time gave up on idea and ended up with just single DAC. I came back to the original idea, worked very hard and ended up with a great success. Thank you very much for your support. Here is the link for my project with pictures describing the build. DACs used are Acko's ESS9012 boards and Acko's Turbo clock driving everything in a sync mode.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/186848-babelfishing-mighty-ar2.html#post4515874

Thank you very much for all your support and making these awesome products available for DIY community.

AR2

Thank you AR2, you are a champ :cheers:
A lesser man would have given up long ago given the elaborate setup!

This product has been updated to use the latest ES9038PRO chip!

And a low cost one for DIYers to experiment!

Attachments

• AKD32S.jpg
    AKD32S.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 371
I'm looking for a new dac for my system . Do you plan to offer a in a box option ?

Hi,

Boxed version is beyond the scope of this project at this stage. Please PM me if you need something built up completely.

The next level of integration is using power supplies as shown. Again users may want to pare back a bit to save on costs by sharing power supplies. Others may want to use batteries for complete isolation from mains.

Attachments

• AKD32S Assy.png
    AKD32S Assy.png
    554.9 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.