ackoDAC based on ES9018 - Page 57 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2012, 02:47 PM   #561
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

hmm space for SEN IV? maybe JUST, the IV itself is quite small, though needs to take AVCC/2 for bias. but the many batteries (8 x 9v, or many more smaller) plus charging arrangements, I feel it would take a pretty clean looking build and make it cluttered, but yes there probably is room. its Patrick's Jfet IV needs 4 x 18v+ floating power supplies

here

Last edited by qusp; 13th November 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 16th November 2012, 03:05 AM   #562
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default AR2 DAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
Here is the implementation of whole DAC board and I/V stage.
Thank you for sharing. Very impressive setup. Well done!!!
Hoping to emulate your achievements
Old 18th November 2012, 03:02 PM   #563
rade95 is offline rade95  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi, could AKD16 and 18 be controller with Arduino via I2C, like Hifiduino and BII? Could you supply assembled AKD16 boards? thanks

-rade95
Old 18th November 2012, 03:09 PM   #564
diyAudio Member

yes they can, not sure about the asembled boards, acko will have to answer that.
Old 18th November 2012, 04:56 PM   #565
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade95 View Post
Could you supply assembled AKD16 boards?
-rade95
Fully assembled ones would have to wait for a while until I get versions with IV and other functions integrated so that all models could share the same stencil and setup costs ~$400 (automatic assy in a fab house). Manual assembly can be a pain especially doing it over and over again with all the small parts.
Old 18th November 2012, 05:00 PM   #566
diyAudio Member

i'll grab one of them too mate, i'll shoot you an email tomorrow. unassembled
Old 19th November 2012, 09:25 PM   #567
diyAudio Member

Default Web Pricing

Hi Folks,

As you have noticed, all web prices are in USD and orders processed by PayPal. Their low fee services and security have made it attractive for DIYers. However, recent changes to their policies have seen them steadily increasing fees and now with cross border fees. So far I have been absorbing all the fees to make it easier for you all but it is getting difficult keep on doing it. They have also started to dig into exchanges rates as well. I found today PayPal 1 USD = 0.93 Australian (AUD) when in actual fact the AUD is much stronger at 1.04 USD! Hope this is not an error.
Anyway, I will be changing all web prices to AUD over the next few days and you may have to work out the amount in your own currencies. I may continue to absorb the fees for a while. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 19th November 2012, 09:29 PM   #568
diyAudio Member

Acko, curious minds in Brisbane want to know more about this AKT!

Rumours had been milling around via email, very interested to see what you guys come up with!

Last edited by hochopeper; 19th November 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 19th November 2012, 10:01 PM   #569
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
Hi Folks,

As you have noticed, all web prices are in USD and orders processed by PayPal. Their low fee services and security have made it attractive for DIYers. However, recent changes to their policies have seen them steadily increasing fees and now with cross border fees. So far I have been absorbing all the fees to make it easier for you all but it is getting difficult keep on doing it. They have also started to dig into exchanges rates as well. I found today PayPal 1 USD = 0.93 Australian (AUD) when in actual fact the AUD is much stronger at 1.04 USD! Hope this is not an error.
Anyway, I will be changing all web prices to AUD over the next few days and you may have to work out the amount in your own currencies. I may continue to absorb the fees for a while. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Acko,
their exchange rate was always exuberant. On the sending side, buyer have option to select the exchange rate - paypal or the one from your bank, the one you are using the card from. I always selected that option. Do not know how is on the seller or money recipient side, but in your case that would not matter any more. It was always funny to me when you select your bank rate, paypal will come up with warnings that you might be paying more, hahaha.
Old 19th November 2012, 10:27 PM   #570
diyAudio Member

acko, I dont know that you have made a mistake with writing that out, or not, no doubt they have been taking 2 or 3 slices of the pie lately and have been expensive for ages, I eat the PP fees too, I think its actually a condition....

especially with the AUD being so strong the conversions have been really bad, then they get the fees too and then if you are drawing from a bank you will often get a fee for the transaction, but your math above is a bit confusing to me.

is 1USD = 0.93AUD that translates to 1AUD = 1.0752... better than 1.04

thanks for the tip on the interstate fees! wth! why? whats the bloody excuse for that? it costs them nothing and there is no interstate tax

Last edited by qusp; 19th November 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!