About discrete I/V stage circuits for a TDA1541A dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I was first thinking about using op-amp or tube for a I/V stage for a TDA1541A dac, but after reading about the op-amps subject and because of some of my limitations with tubes, I decided to go for a discrete I/V stage.

Searching on the net and in the Diyaudio and Diyhifi forums I found four circuits.

But I did not found the distortions figures for those circuits, some are from members of this forum, anybody would know the distortions figures of those circuits ?

Any one can tell any comparaisons or listening experiences on any of those four circuits ?

I've place all of them in one image.

Thank you

Bye

Gaetan

Attachments

• tda1541a all iv stages.gif
    tda1541a all iv stages.gif
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,001
I'm using AD844 in configuration as in image C, the only difference is that I also use AD844 output diamond buffer. With the little fielding with 200R trimmer, you can have DC coupled output, but output offset will wary from -30mV to zero from startup (in my case). Sound is very, very good.

aparatusonitus said:
I'm using AD844 in configuration as in image C, the only difference is that I also use AD844 output diamond buffer. With the little fielding with 200R trimmer, you can have DC coupled output, but output offset will wary from -30mV to zero from startup (in my case). Sound is very, very good.

Hello

That is the one design by Pedja Rogic.

I do not have fet but maby I can find some on old pc board, does it need to be this fet or any similar one will do ?

You use it in a OS or NOS TDA1541A dac ?

Thank you

Bye

GAetan

Hello

I have found a low pass filter sim by Zodiac in 2003.

Maby I could use this filter with the Pedja Rogic I/V stage circuits (image C) ?

Here is the image of the filter circuit and of the frequency and phase response.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Attachments

• filter.gif
    filter.gif
    45 KB · Views: 716
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.