How to conect Mackie CFX16 MKII to my tube preamp???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello good people!
I have an YAQIN MS-12B tube preamp,a 2x5W 45 type SET,and right now I use an ordinary CD Player(my Tube CD Player it's on the road:) )as a surce....My speakers are open bafle....I've just received a Mackie mixer as a gift from a friend,it's first time I put my hand on one....My problem is that I want to use the Mackie's(CFX 16 MKII)EQ for modelling my system's sound but I've just conected the source to the "Tape Input"on Mackie and from the "Tape Output" directly to my YAQIN tube preamp's input....:scratch: nothing it's happening,anyway something is happening in fact:) but not what I want...i think that the mixer is receiving the semnal(those Left-Right leds showing dB are on,showing the dB levels )but there is no sound,something is wrong but I don't know WHAT???Maybe I should make another type of connections but I'm helpless here....Please, anyone who has the experience?!?Sorry for my bad english,thanks in advance for your suport....Warm regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.