Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th September 2009, 08:12 AM   #11
jkeny is offline jkeny  Ireland
Banned

The FPGA pins that serve I2S are not connected on the 01 USD so no I2S available, I'd imagine (software driver might even be different) - A cheaper, smaller version of 01 US (one with DAC) is being released 01 Mini Monitor
Old 8th September 2009, 08:18 AM   #12
okkyn is offline okkyn  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
The FPGA pins that serve I2S are not connected on the 01 USD so no I2S available, I'd imagine (software driver might even be different) - A cheaper, smaller version of 01 US (one with DAC) is being released 01 Mini Monitor
Thanks jkeny. I assume no one done tapping I2S for the 01 USD yet, so I won't risk experimenting with that...
Old 8th September 2009, 08:47 AM   #13
Banned

As I said I'm pretty sure there is no I2S available in the 01 USD (FPGA pins not connected to any tracks and the software is probably different) - is this the unit you have or have you not bought one yet?
Old 8th September 2009, 08:53 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I have not bought any unit yet. Thanks for the info on the 01 Mini, I might consider that also..
Old 8th September 2009, 08:57 AM   #15
Banned

This is cheaper than the 01 USD & has a internal DAC, like the 01 US - $60 delivered, I think
Old 27th September 2009, 09:40 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

As far as I can see it has no separate clocks for multiples of 44.1 kHz and multiples of 48 kHz. So it must rely on a (digital) PLL anyway with a single crystal.

I have ordered one. Lets see what it will bring to jitter compared to my E-MU 0404, which has separate fixed crystal clocks. And my M-Audio Transit, which is really nasty considering jitter on its S/PDIF output.
Old 28th September 2009, 08:12 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjotr View Post
As far as I can see it has no separate clocks for multiples of 44.1 kHz and multiples of 48 kHz. So it must rely on a (digital) PLL anyway with a single crystal.

I have ordered one. Lets see what it will bring to jitter compared to my E-MU 0404, which has separate fixed crystal clocks. And my M-Audio Transit, which is really nasty considering jitter on its S/PDIF output.
Hi Pjotr,

Could you give me any literatures that mention EMU0404 uses separate crystal for 48k and 44.1k? I am curious myself...
Old 28th September 2009, 06:12 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okkyn View Post
Hi Pjotr,

Could you give me any literatures that mention EMU0404 uses separate crystal for 48k and 44.1k? I am curious myself...
quote: "Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz from internal crystal (no sample rate conversion)"

Have a look at the board:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EMU0404_Board.jpg (189.9 KB, 754 views)
Old 29th September 2009, 12:07 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thanks Pjotr, wonderful insight!! Now I wish EMU made DAC-only version of 0404
Old 29th September 2009, 05:15 PM   #20
robot is offline robot  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up musiland monitor 01usd

I bought one from e bay for 80$, and am pretty pleased with a sound; haved some smaller problems to install it and maked it work with foobar, especially with a dts audio materials. Anyway, this little gadget allows you to made any computer vulgaris a nice sounding device. The "sound" of this device which is connected to a diy tube dac is much better then before with my creative sound card & modified kx drivers, music is much better defined, with nice bass and detailed highs. Verdict -to buy and forget expensive fancy media centres...

Hide this!Advertise here!