Small computer for live use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh absolutely! Heck you could probably find someone to make a java application to run it off of your phone in some way. But yea just search around. I would recommend not buying Macs as they break quite easily and I have found to be quite a hassle as their software tends to screw itself over again and again (no offense mac users) but the simpler the device the less problems you will have so good luck.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
M50SNIPER said:
I would recommend not buying Macs as they break quite easily and I have found to be quite a hassle as their software tends to screw itself over again and again but the simpler the device the less problems you will have so good luck.

Ceratinly not the case when compared to Windows PCs or generic PC hardware in general. There are lots of stats to back that up.

dave

planet10 said:

Ceratinly not the case when compared to Windows PCs or generic PC hardware in general. There are lots of stats to back that up.

dave

These stats are easy to explain ;):

1. People who buy a Mac are less likely to break it compared to the masses who
buy a WinTel machine. This does not make the Mac de facto less breakable.
2. People who buy a Mac are able to solve problems themselves without going
online and whining about their broken computer.
3. There is more software, written by (fill in yourself) on WinTell which will break
the underlying os.

and lets face it... apples quality control is appauling, the after service is just as bad, once it goes they just advise you to buy a new one!!!

if you really want a mac, build a hackintosh for a fifth of the price that will be more reliable too, and if something goes on it, you won't be in a queue at apple to finally get told "sorry its the logic board, it will cost you 500 uk pounds to fix"

where do they get off calling a motherboard a logic board?

surfstu said:
where do they get off calling a motherboard a logic board?

In the dark ages(tm) when a couple of nand/nor gates where the pinnacle of
modern science and the telautomaton was the predecessor of Steve Blow's
wonderful creations maybe? :D

p.s. I do use my iPhone but the iBook is long gone :) Just gimme a decent
linux distro on some intel hardware and me happy.

QC at Apple is afaik below standard indeed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.