Asus Xonar Essence STX analog input?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys

Is there any experienced with this Essence STX?
I am interested for its one analog input, because is shared (what a silliness!) for mic and line simultaneously.
I am some reserved against this, because usually mic inputs on PCs offered for electret condenser mics, consequently the input is powered with 2,5Vdc! Some noisy... what is your opinion?
Is there any trustable solution to abolish this :bs: before i spend again (i have already for 1 year an EMU0404 usb for FFT analysis) 190 euro?

Thanks
Fotios

I got answeer from ASUS forum

Fortunatelly, there is helpfull people and in other forums...
Hey guys, do you know that i am member in 56 other forums? :dead:
Well, for each one who is interested:
The analog input of Essence STX, is a usual TRS (1/4") stereo input for analog signals as well a powered mic input for electret condenser mics. The mic input is managed by a cheap (AC'97 codec) DJ100 IC, while the line input from the top ADC of Cirrus Logic CS5381.

:att'n: Be carefull! From mistake, in the specs of Essence STX is reffered the lower performance ADC CS5361! Essence STX is shipped allways with 5381 :att'n:

ASUS is very consistent as for its care for the audio quality. When we want to insert a line signal, the power on the input jack is switched off and the signal is applied to the ADC inputs (the cheap DJ100 is bypassed) via a nice quality NEC UC2 DPDT signal relay which is activated from the software patch-mix if we select the line and we mute the mic input.
After all those above, i will proceed in the purchase of Essence STX (instead the EMU1212MV2 that i had in my mind) to replace my EMU0404 USB.
I forgot to reffer that i use sound cards exclusivelly with the Virtins M.I. Pro 3.1 FFT audio analyzer.
To the present, ASUS Xonar Essence STX is without doubt the top ADC-DAC device offered for this work.

Fotios

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.