Netjack2 - Foobar2000 (or any other win32 player) and jackrouter asio driver - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2009, 06:49 AM   #1
Theo404 is offline Theo404  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Netjack2 - Foobar2000 (or any other win32 player) and jackrouter asio driver

Current system is a windows machine running the player (foobar2000) through netjack2 sync-ed to a linux box running ubuntu intrepid running a jack2 server routed through brutefir and out of the sound card....

To get netjack2 working originally I had to use a branch version of jack2 from svn that was jackdmp 1.90.... anything later and the asio driver for foobar (or any other windows player for that matter) crashed as soon as I selected it.

Now that there is a new version of brutefir and jack2 has moved on to version 1.9.3 I thought I'd give it another go, still the same outcome.... Using the latest trunk version of jackdmp, complied from source for windows, the asio driver crashes foobar, winamp, wmp etc instantly.... Has anyone got this latest version of jack working in windows???
Old 15th April 2009, 08:19 AM   #2
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Hooking linux sound server to windows client on the sound layer level is a very important issue. I am afraid I have not seen it solved yet, apart of notices about some old esound client for WinNT.

I wish netjack was part of the windows jackd port.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:28 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by phofman
I wish netjack was part of the windows jackd port.
Do you mean as opposed to netjack2?

Quote:
Originally posted by phofman
Hooking linux sound server to windows client on the sound layer level is a very important issue. I am afraid I have not seen it solved yet, apart of notices about some old esound client for WinNT.
I agree. Its all well and good to have a dedicated linux box with all your flac encoded audio on, but the ability to use a linux box (and all the advantages that affords) seamlessly connected to a windows machine (losslessly) has to be a goal.... think media center pcs, and all the mainstream dj software... I feel robbed that I was very close to that, but newer versions of jack2 just dont want to work.... sigh.
Old 16th April 2009, 06:24 PM   #4
Gopher is offline Gopher  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I don't understand a goddamn word the two of you are saying.
Old 16th April 2009, 11:48 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gopher
I don't understand a goddamn word the two of you are saying.
Hahaha

I feel kind of dirty actually, jargon is a pet hate of mine... but there just isnt another way of describing it...
Old 19th April 2009, 04:08 AM   #6
1audio is online now 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

I think the goal is to use Windoze as a "player" because of a media manager program on Windoze but the digital stream is routed through to Linux to get played through a Linux audio client using brutefir for some audio processing service.

Seems like a lot of effort to get something that could be done using MPD on the Linux box and Minion on the Windows side. However there may be some appeal to Foobar that I have missed. . .

Particularly challenging since Vista's sound layer is more screwed up than XP's. Win 7 could be even worse. . . not that the Mac OSX is particularly kind to audio either.

Hide this!Advertise here!