Mac Mini

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
ionomolo said:
But i still have that feeling about the edirol FA-66, hasn't it too much features and isn't it too cheap to sound good? Or has my mind been taken over by silly ideas that bind high quality to high price?

That would have been my feeling too if i hadn't lived with the USB variant. Price pressure and shear number of units made & sold as well as amortization across products would yield a price point that a much smaller hifi manufacturer can only dream of.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
dukeoddorkdom said:
[so what is everyone's thoughts on this; get one of the twisted pear DAC's with USB use it and wait for the firewire module to add on later?

Last i asked, there were no plans for a Firewire Module. At this point, unlike the simplier USB interfaces, it is not a single chip solution.It would be nice if they did.

dave

Sorry for double posting, but i've just came across the Apogee Duet, which is a bit more expensive than the FA-66 but it's a firewire interface and it's still less than half the benchmark dac 1 usb.

Does it trade outputs for quality or outputs & quality for enclosure look?

mac mini usb to dac

Hi there folks

I dont know if that question fits here but i will shoot and if not you shoot me :):spin:

I have a mac mini (non intel) and a diy tube dac with usb. When the dac is connected to pc all goes well (sound comes out pretty good with some buffer outs grrrr) but when i connect it to the mac no sound at all from itunes as if it does not recognize it.:(
Is there a preference to set or some extra s/w?:confused:

Thanx in advance

Nick

the fact that there is no any comments, or questions
about the post I left, leeds me to 2 posibile conclusions
that some folks ignoring the vital information, without checking it.
Or second, that he info checked in praxis with excelent results, and remain
still without mch fuss...:)
also try to search for the native mac mini or (PBP), specs about
spdif output...
Or better, compare t in the same sys with some fancy expencive player
and judge by yourself?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.