take digital signal from cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI
Since my CAL DELTA is sick i need a digital source for my ZERO DAC , i have a TEAC ZD5000 ,no coaxial output , the transport seem to be of very good qualite ( all metal ) does anybody knows how to get the signal out ??? it use BB pcm53jd-v and JRC 5005 output op .
thank

Try and find some docs on the DSP chip that does the oversampling stuff. If you're lucky, it has an S/PDIF output. If not, maybe it has some signals that can feed an S/PDIF transmitter like the DIT4096.

Which reminds me... I haven't pulled the cover off my "new" Sony CDP-C215 changer (found beside a recycling dumpster) to see what's inside.

tralala said:
I found those chips Sony cx23035 ( digital filter ) and Nec 7508h ADC ???
Can i get I2s out of one of these chips ???

Neither a digital filter, nor an ADC :) You cannot get I2S from the cx23035 but can probably convert to it or use an SPDIF transmitter chip if you want SPDIF. Either way it's a lot of work and serious surgery. Is it worth it?

I pulled the covers off: the Sony CDP-C215 changer (and most likely the CDP-C211 and CDP-C315) is an excellent candidate for adding S/PDIF output. The DSP is the CXD2500, which has an S/PDIF output pin 60 "DOUT" and "high" on pin 59 "MD2" enables it. There are various unpopulated components and jumpers marked "C515 only" on the board just waiting to implement S/PDIF out via Toslink.

To get at the PC board, remove the bottom cover. Then some screws and various cables. None of the "flexible pcb" style cable connectors had locks to release.

Once you've removed the PC board, the jumpers that must be added or changed are silkscreened on the board. Pin 59 (MD2) is jumpered to GND so one jumper near the DSP must be cut and another added. There's R305... your guess is as good as mine as to the proper value, but maybe 47 to 100 ohms. Caps C412 and C413 near the optical transmitter... 0.1uF ceramic? and an electrolytic bypass... 1u to 50u at 10 to 16V?

Then you need the optical transmitter... it looks like the pin order matches the TOTX178A. Alternatively, add a buffer for an RCA output, like I did on my Hitachi/Pioneer laserdisc player. Schematic, layout, and pictures of the end result are here...

If I'm reading the CXD2500 datasheet correctly, pin 60 is only rated at 1 mA out, so driving an S/PDIF output without a buffer looks risky.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.