Preamp with dsp eq/xo - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2009, 02:38 AM   #1
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Default Preamp with dsp eq/xo

Strange times coming posting a preamp in digital forum...or it could even be in loudspeaker forum

Could anyone please give some light to what this unit can do and cannot

I would like to do it with dsp eq and 3way xo...but not sure it will do what I need

Actually I have no clew how it works
Will it need a usb connected PC
Will it do measurements etc

http://hifiakademie.de/?id=3.2&si=MT...E2NS4xNTcuOHwg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fertig_pre21.jpg (40.5 KB, 172 views)
Old 20th March 2009, 08:36 AM   #2
kepa1 is offline kepa1  France
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I can't read German but the add says "Stereo preamp" so I guess 3 way crossover is out of question... which is a shame since this kind of products is very scarce.

Alternatively, you have the DCX2496 but it can't be used as a preamp without serious mods and is designed for pro connections. Futhemore, the built quality is not that of the company you mention.
Old 20th March 2009, 11:46 AM   #3
hreith is offline hreith  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi kepa1

You are correct, it is a stereo preamp in the basic version.
However, you can add extension modules (phono input, additional volume controllers for up to 10 channels, dspModule to adapt it to your room or as a active filter) and thus also implement an active filter in the product.
The dspModules are configured using a USB interface via software on a PC. You can import your own measurement data into this software so that you can work directly. The dsp-core and the user software for the modules are the same ones used in the cdPlayer. For more information about this, see the report in English at http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/h.../player_2.html
All information on the Web site is in German only, which makes it harder for someone who cannot speak German.
Old 20th March 2009, 01:01 PM   #4
kepa1 is offline kepa1  France
diyAudio Member

This looks very promising hreith,
Do you mean that a 6 output preamp with active filtering, volume control and dsp would be feasable?
Considering the price of your products, could it be below 1 000 ?
Old 23rd March 2009, 03:16 PM   #5
hreith is offline hreith  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi kepa1

Yes and no.
A PreAmp with 6 filtered outputs is possible with my products, but not for 1,000
The PreAmp is available as a complete product and for DIY construction.
As a complete product, the PreAmp costs 820 (including taxes).
A dspModule costs 180 (including taxes) and for 6 channels, 3 modules are required.

In DIY form, you can buy the assembled PreAmp module (560 ) or the PCB to assemble yourself (410 ).
The comtrol unit with the touchpanel is only available in assembled form. The prices also include access to the circuit diagrams and the documentation (available in German only).
The dspModule is almost entirely assembled in SMD and is therefore available only as an assembled module (180 ).

Hide this!Advertise here!