ezDAC v.1.5 Builders Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Haven't fiddled with my EZDac for a while, but was looking at the circuit designs the other day. The way I have it configured is as designed but using a balanced transmitter board to take the output to a balanced pre amp. Seems a bit convoluted to take the balanced current output of the PCM1798, convert it to a single ended signal then convert it back to a balanced signal. Anyone think of a better way to do this? Audio Note use transformers in their kit for the I/V circuitry but they only have a single ended output from their AD1865 DAC. Is there a similar solution for the balanced output of the PCM1798?

That's a bit too complex indeed, especially since the DAC already has balanced outputs.

If you leave the I/V resistors R23 and R24 in place and add another inverting opamp, you have a balanced output right there. Just ground the + input and split it by removing R26 and R27 and duplicate the circuit.

You could use a transformer with dual secondaries, and ground the center tap, then you'll have a balanced output as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.