ezDAC v.1.5 Builders Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
damn.. now it doesnt work... my connections external of the board were all good, I redid them and still had the popping... so then i decided to touch up all the solder joints on each component by tapping it with the iron with a little flux and now it doesnt even work...

what is the procedure to test the regulators to se if they didnt malfunction or something?

yeah after this I'm done with school.. I'm not sure this is even going to pay off in the long run...just another piece of paper... I was getting this to make me competitve so when I head out of the Navy I am better prepared for the competitive job market! Now there are a whole bunch of unemployed people with MBA's.

Aaaaaaaaarg!

Hello all,

I just stayed after work to solder using reflow all the SMD parts and of course, after slaving on the smallest thing like PCM and AD, put all the small capacitors and resistors (asking my self why 10uF in smd) I found out I have a wrong package of CS8416 :bawling:

Is there a good soul with 2 pcs of CS8416 from Swiss or near buy so the postage is not outrageous. I am willing to trade 3 of CS8416 (I think I have cz version tssop). If you want to tear the blood from my veins I offer to do (well to try no promise) with the reflow 3 or 4 most difficult parts for you in a reasonable time (2 weeks lets say). Please help! I am not keen to pay bloodsuckers Farnell or someone else 15EUR just for postage.

Another thing:
Is there somwhere back side diagram (silk screen)? Or a photo at least with mounted components? I did not find any and it is hard and time consuming to look for.

Thank you in advance
Pred

PS
I'll try to take a photo of the SMDs I reflowed it is beautiful! :)

question for evan

Hello,

I know you might be occupied with wiki but I need help. Do you have a bottom side silkscreen photo so I know how to place the components. I might be blind but it is hard to see where to put the reset circuit... It would be most helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Pred

PS
I found some CS8416 on Ebay, I hope that they are not fakes...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.