Digidesign 888 | 24 interface DIY mod

I recently bought a Digidesign Mix system consisting of several DSP PCI cards and an 8in/8out interface called "888" . The system uses a PC/MAC for running Pro Tools TDM. The problem was that the interface is a bit outdated and the sound is not extremely pleasing. The sample rate and bit depth reaches 48KHz/24bit maximum. Taking into account that the newer Pro Tools HD system is really expensive, I bought the older MIX system with the perspective of modding the interface to unveil the hidden capabilities.

Before starting the mods, I searched the internet for relevant info and didn't find anything. After months of experimenting I found the best combination of opamps and caps regarding my personal taste: Quick opamps with robust lows and detailed highs.
Here is what I did:

-Replaced all AD711 with LME49710
-Replaced all LF353 with LME49720
-Replaced all N5542 with LM6372
-Replaced L7805 with L78S05 and replaced the heatsink as well
-Replaced all SSM parts with equivalent THAT.
-Replaced the switching PSU with a bigger one of greater ampere value (+15V, -15V, +5V) because the new opamps draw A LOT more current.
-Applied decoupling ceramic COG caps 10nF/50V to all opamps
-Replaced all SMT electrolytics (most of them are 10uF/50V) with Panasonic FK (smaller size and far better specs).
-Replaced the 220uf/35V caps around the L7805 regulator with Panasonic FM 1500uf/35V

The sound changed DRAMATICALLY. And after adding/replacing the caps, I had no thermal issues.

Whoaa, late to the party here but very interested in doing mods on these very old but still very useable systems that now go for peanuts. Other than recapping, psu upgrades and opamp rolling should we also be looking at cleaning up the clocks. Would love feedback / discussion from anyone here with pro audio interface mod experience. Thanks,